Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

We'll call them. . .The "S-Files"

Tuppence Tommy
Tuppence Tommy

Strange doings: If schizophrenia is Insanity. . .and Insanity is a motive. . .then what kind of motive is, "forgetting Martin's birthday for two birthdays in a row". . .isn't that kind of an INSANE reason for killing someone?

And do you sometimes feel like you are walking into rooms from Salvador Dali's version of the Matrix? Floating evidence. . .flying notes. . .items shaking. . .clocks in the middle of windows. . .glasses in the middle of fireplaces. . .weird mantlepieces. . .Or sometimes, does it just seem like our suspects have committed crimes, and in their overwhelming guilt and grief, threw up all kinds of evidence all over the crime scene?. . .

You better watch your friends in this town. . .someone might come to visit and 1) steal a key to your house, 2) steal a sample of your writing, or 3) vomit another medley of weapons, complete with blood, all over your house. . .hilarious. . .(BTW -- What kind of threatening note do you deliver to your victim in person and then pin to the wall?. . .LOL!)

And speaking of town names. . .this town has a city hall, a police station, a newspaper, a department store, a coffee shop (ie., Starbucks is EVERY D**N WHERE) but. . .what is this town's name? We had all kinds of locales in Noir. . .New York, London, Shanghi. . .etc.. . .

Just the strange funnies in an unnamed town. . .I like to call them, "The S-Files". . .please feel free to report all strange phenomena of Sleuth Shades here. . . and remember: "the truth is out there. . ."

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

I found something quite interesting as well. 2 days ago, I had a case where the handprint is half-hidden behind a coat & this morning, I had a case where the yellow note is totally hidden behind a coat.

At first I thought (no need to be a perfectionist cleaner) as there's no need to take away the coat, because the suspect has a valid alibi, but ... wow, never thought a yellow note was hidden behind it.

You rocks! Sleuth Admin.

Irena Versailles
Irena Versailles

Yeah you should always take people's coats. I've found yellow notes behind them plenty of times.

Irena Versailles
Irena Versailles

So I've decided that the next murder victim should be the town interior decorator. Who puts a light wood particle board IKEA nightstand next to a regal antique canopy bed?

Destiny
Destiny

Probably the same interior decorator that sells them all the same plant and umbrella stand Irena.

Tuppence Tommy
Tuppence Tommy

Thank you ladies for keeping the S-Files alive with clever commentary. I have been distracted by outside influences, establishing and helping to run new agencies, and paying off Shady. But I digress. . .

New S-File: Where in the world is the funeral parlor/home? The funeral director? For that matter, the cemetary? After all, where do all the bodies go, the town dump? Well we do have a morgue assistant so there must be a morgue. And we do have a Priest so at least there is some "higher power" in town. Perhaps all the bodies are buried under the church. . .

Also, "S-Files" funny of the week: I appeared on the crime scene to find a note pinned to the wall of the study next to the bookshelf. It read, "You're a dead woman." And right on the floor in front of the fireplace was. . .a dead woman. Well, I guess that note was a little more than a threat. . .

choco_mints
choco_mints

just found a yellow note inside a book...
cant understand why the victim would like to keep it as a bookmark?

Ham Smithfield
Ham Smithfield

I just found a bloody handprint about six inches down from the ceiling. I therefore conclude that the murderer must be nine feet tall.

Afua
Afua

this thread is great!! i am proud to say that i just read every post starting from when this thread was made to now ('twas every entertaining). my eyes burn a little from staring at the screen but that's alright =)

i just found a glass under the leg of a table, i guess it was used to hold up the table...but why not use a book?

Tuppence Tommy
Tuppence Tommy

Thanks Afua. . .So proud that we have a devoted following! Choco. . .I am SOOOO curious. . .You were able to 'open' a book in Sleuth? I mean, was it stuck inbetween two books on a shelf, or under a book? The yellow note was SERIOUSLY "in" a book?

*wishes she had taken a screen shot so everyone could see it*

Consider this thread a kind of "show and tell" for everything strange that happens in the game. . .

Mark Tolson
Mark Tolson

The name randomization works well from what I've experienced so far. But I could help smile at my latest case. I discovered a suspect who was the sister to the victim. It turned out they had the exact same name. I bet there must have been some confusion in the family home when growing up :)

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help