Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Bunny Droppings

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Some folks asked that we make the Easter content available earlier this year, so those goodies are starting to show up today.

There is a new achievement available, so everybody should have something new to search for.

Since you have two weeks to search, I've made this hunt a bit harder than what's typical for the other holiday quests. Good Luck!

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi Ben,

Is there any other updates you're planning for us. There's a lot of great suggestions in the suggestion thread. Also previously SS did have the books collection, could you implement that for the time being?

Also not forgetting about Code Breaking skills and Encoded Notes. Perhaps you can bring back Encoded Notes and this time around, we only need faction minions to decode them and you can return the skill points to those who have learn the skills and perhaps introduce other skills for us to learn.

For example:

Maybe Treasure Hunts can be tweaked a bit, for example, instead of always looking for treasures, the treasures can be hidden in the bank safe and in order to open it, players need to buy the keys from the faction bosses, 3 keys per bank safe, but only 1 key can be bought per day (provided the player successfully complete the special mission for the day).

Treasures found not only will contribute to player's fame and agency fame, but also will give players extra xp. Because of successful special missions, each player will tend to have their own preferred faction boss.

These treasures can also be listed in players' detective page, under "Special Treasures Found".

(cont..)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

A new skill can also be introduce in order to cater for these special treasures:

Safe Cracking
- When players already opened the first lock, if the player has level 2 Safe Cracking, he/she can straight away use this skill to unlock the safe box to retrieve the treasure. If he/she only has learned level 1 Safe Cracking, then that's another day to retrieve the treasure.

Pugilism - When using intimidation against a suspect, even its the wrong manipulation used that gives only 1 answer, the player who has learned this skill will still get 2 answers.

Hypnotism - When using charm against a suspect, even its the wrong manipulation used that gives only 1 answer, the player who has learned this skill will still get 2 answers.

Surveillance - At higher level, suspect(s) tend to go into hiding and with this skill, player need to first, get the suspect(s) habits and then make a close watch on the suspect(s) using surveillance.

Underworld Connections - So, you finally get enough stars, motive and proved the suspect to be the killer, but he/she has ran away. In order to be given a chance to accuse, you must have this skill or else you'll get a message "The suspect has ran away from you for good..."

Pick Pocketing - You get a chance to get more reward money out of the case by pick pocketing the killer when you accuse. This extra money is based on your negotiation skill, the higher, the more money.

hehe...although these skills are copied from Noir, but I believe they will make the game more interesting.

Passive skills:
- Pugilism, Hypnotism, Pick Pocketing

In order to make players do research for suspects' habits, suspects will no longer reveal other suspect's habits. This will make research skill more useful to have.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Besides having only murder cases, I would like to suggest:

1) Missing person case
- A [Client] hires a detective to find a missing person, as in kidnap.
2) Missing document case
- A [Client] hires a detective to locate a stolen document.
3) Missing property case
- A [Client] hires a detective to locate a stolen property, for example: jewelry, money and so on.

Different things can be offered to the detective as reward, since:

Murder Case - Money, XP, Skill Point
Missing Person Case - Challenge Point, XP, Skill Point
Missing Document Case - Gift Point, XP, Skill Point
Missing Property Case - More Money, XP, Skill Point

The environment of each type of cases would be different, but the outcome can be rewarding. ^_^

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

bump...

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

bump ... in need of updates...

Joseph Chen
Joseph Chen

Hi Ben,

I just wasted another month of subscription money because there's no update in the game.

Joseph Chen
Joseph Chen

bump..

Bella.Swan
Bella.Swan

I really need to ask that, I've gotten 7 golden egg but I don't know what to do with them. Does anyone have an idea about that?

Sydney Kincaid
Sydney Kincaid

I like Detective Joseph Chen's idea about Missing Person cases giving challenge points. I'm a very slow, methodical detective, and it seems the only way to get challenge points is in speed contests, aside from collections (of which there seem to be very few). I doubt I'll ever win one, even when I have enough experience to join, which means I'm out of luck for ever obtaining any items that have challenge points. I realize they're called "challenge" points because you are challenging other players (at least in showdowns and treasure hunts), but I'd really like SOME option to obtain them that doesn't require speed and that's a little less rare than the collections seem to be (showdowns seem to happen rather frequently, for example). I know I'm new and not even subscribed, but there may be other players like me frustrated with the focus on speed. (I'd like to support the game, but to be honest, other than the favor quest change, the other "benefits" seem to be a disadvantage for the way I like to play -- the case limit allows me to not get too obsessed :) and agencies look too expensive if you might go inactive for lengthy periods of time -- which I'm known to do).

Bella.Swan: I saw someone else ask that question on another thread, and it seems they are left over from Easter, but might be useful next Easter, so just hang onto them for now.

Colby McIntyre
Colby McIntyre

Anything we can do with the Easter eggs we still find?

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help