Community - Message Boards

The Gumshoe Lounge

The Greatest TV Shows of All Time

Bertie Wooster
Bertie Wooster

What are your favourite TV shows?

I'm rather fond of "Fawlty Towers", "Monty Python's Flying Circus", Seasons 1-8 of "The Simpsons" and "Doctor Who".

What about you?

Replies
Belami
Belami

For me, I guess it's " "The Twilight Zone," "Star Trek," and "The Big Bang Theory."

Bertie Wooster
Bertie Wooster

I have always wanted to watch an episode of "The Twilight Zone".
Rod Serling was a genius!

What are your favourite episodes of this classic TV show?

Belami
Belami

I really liked, "To Serve Man," and "The Hunt," but they are pretty much all good.

Bertie Wooster
Bertie Wooster

What a coincidence! The AV Club reviewed "To Serve Man" on Saturday.

"It's a cookbook!"

Belami
Belami

Oh, no! They gave away the ending! Oh, well.

"Number 12 Looks Just Like You" is another good one...

Bertie Wooster
Bertie Wooster

Have you ever watched any of the really famous episodes?

I'm talking about "Time Enough at Last", "It's a Good Life", "Nightmare at 20, 000 Feet", "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street", "To Serve Man" and "Five Characters in Search of an Exit".

Would you be so kind as to recommend one of these episodes for my own viewing pleasure?

Belami
Belami

"Time Enough at Last" is really memorable and was Rod Serling's personal favorite. I saw "Five Characters in Search of an Exit" when I was a kid and it scared me half to death.

katadams
katadams

"Sherlock," of course.

Droid
Droid

Has to be Muffin the Mule.

Bertie Wooster
Bertie Wooster

@Belami

Thank you! I wanted to know if "Time Enough at Last" would be a decent introduction to "The Twilight Zone". The storyline of that brilliant episode has always intrigued me. I'm looking forward to watching that marvellous episode during the weekend.

@ katadams

I'm ashamed to admit that I have never actually watched a complete episode of "Sherlock". What do you like about that TV show? I might watch a couple of episodes in the near future. Steven Moffat wrote some of the best episodes of "Doctor Who"!

@Droid

I have to agree with you. You can't beat "Muffin the Mule" for surreal and bizarre children's entertainment!

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help