Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

The March Madness Showdown Scramble

John Bear
John Bear

Greetings All,

Following on from Mercey's thread about missing her birthday, and with an approving nod from Secret Squirrel, I am pleased to announce the "March Madness Showdown Scramble"

This will be a series of eight Sleuth Showdowns which I will be coordinating over two weekends in March (obviously).

As with previous hosted showdowns, there will be special prizes for the winners (I'll let Secret Squirrel announce those closer to the time), but this time there will also be an opportunity for your agency to win something.

Depending on your finishing position in each showdown, you will be awarded scramble points for your agency. At the end of the eight showdowns, the agency with the most scramble points will win a special agency item. This will probably be something unique, but will definitely be something worth having (again, Secret Squirrel will tell us more closer to the time).

Replies
icaughtyou
icaughtyou

a clock would serve no purpose, and yes the whole point of the scramble is for an item(s) that would benefit the agency members, otherwise what is the point of gaining points if there is nothing useful to earn???

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

I know its none of my business to reply here but I do have something to say. Based on previous competition such as this was held, the winning agency's agents each received an item which I think even if you didn't won it, it won't give you any disadvantages against those winning agents. I'm not trying to read the Admin's mind, but I think the reward created basically shouldn't be too beneficial because anyone with a fast clicking finger and good memory could win these showdowns easily, not as time consuming as doing plenty of cases collecting eggs or apples to exchange for items which I think logically, these exchanged items should be more beneficial and because as long as those who spent lots of time doing cases, they will get the reward. So, just keep this in mind, the best prize that will come into your possession will be those you achieved for your exp achievements followed by those you exchanged through collecting eggs or apples by doing lots of cases and then those items which you can obtained by winning special showdowns.

John Bear
John Bear

And you people wonder why these events don't get organised very often?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

My wild guess would be since Admin didn't even bother to update the game as a whole, even feeding players with little toys every now and then wouldn't make any difference. Sleuth Admin always keep players in the dark.

I'll just say something obvious here:

How many oldbies has been here and are still here since day 1 supporting the game by subscribing AND most importantly never wished for a proper game update? for a proper game bug fixes? for a proper response from admins?

When I want to obtain certain things so badly, my logical mind will tell me to solve lots of cases, collecting lots of things (such as apples and eggs) and trade them with friends who have extra.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Even though JB did not address directly what would happen if a player registered in one agency and then left but did not join a new agency, with the implications of what would happen if they did join another agency I think it would be fair that ID receive the scramble points if Jayne participated in the Scramble SD's.

That being said, does Jayne get a say in where he Scramble points earned go? She is the one doing the work right?

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

sorry missed JB's response that she has not responded to his smail.

@Droid - clock huh? I should have seen that one coming. SoM clock has always been a pet peeve of yours :P

I always took most people here to be competitive so really what does it matter what the Trophy is, aren't you just in it for the Win?

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Up to John Bear, But I feel if a person left an agency and is still participating in the Scramble. That agency can still receive the points from that participate. Now if that agency does not want those scramble points that is there right also. Think Develin as said what she wants.

Now there are 2 parts to this scramble the SDs with winner receiving a prize and then there are the points that can be accumulated for agencies from players in those agencies who do the SDs (agency prize). So one does not have to be in an agency to participate in the March Madness Scramble.

I personally can not do all the SDs, But will try to do the ones I can. I am in it to show my support and compete and try to win one of them.

Does not mater if there is a prize or not, we need to do more with SoM to keep interests in it up. Also find new ways and twists to get more involved.

Good Luck to everyone!!

100proof
100proof

i agree tj and others we need to try and keep new players interested in the game. please all lets keep drama out and fun in :) we all have too much of drama in our real lives. let's have fun with the game and give administration a break *winks*

100proof
100proof

opps sorry jb and all others my bad shame on me i posted drats LOL

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

well. to keep things nice, i will wish all fellow participants good luck in the scramble..........

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help