Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

The March Madness Showdown Scramble

John Bear
John Bear

Greetings All,

Following on from Mercey's thread about missing her birthday, and with an approving nod from Secret Squirrel, I am pleased to announce the "March Madness Showdown Scramble"

This will be a series of eight Sleuth Showdowns which I will be coordinating over two weekends in March (obviously).

As with previous hosted showdowns, there will be special prizes for the winners (I'll let Secret Squirrel announce those closer to the time), but this time there will also be an opportunity for your agency to win something.

Depending on your finishing position in each showdown, you will be awarded scramble points for your agency. At the end of the eight showdowns, the agency with the most scramble points will win a special agency item. This will probably be something unique, but will definitely be something worth having (again, Secret Squirrel will tell us more closer to the time).

Replies
John Bear
John Bear

Registration is now closed and the following 10 detectives have registered for scramble points:

Droid (Partners in Crime)
Mercey Less (Partners in Crime)
Dreamcatcher (Partners in Crime)
100proof (Partners in Crime)

develin (Ivory Draigh)
Jayneromina (Ivory Draigh)

John Bear (Bloodhounds)
Rick Dangerous (Bloodhounds)

TJ Sweet (Renegades)

icaughtyou (JUICY Co.)

These are the only detectives that will be awarded scramble points, and those points will go to the agencies listed in brackets next to each detective name.

NOTE: This is now a done deal and not up for discussion.
If you missed the deadline or change agencies and want the points to go elsewhere - too late!

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

seems that one of the participants should be not included, as they quit their agency during the posting of this event, and have NOT created another agency or joined an agency that has been verified at the time of the closing registrations per the rules:
COMPETITION RULES

- Anyone can enter one or all of the showdowns (providing they have the 5,000 experience required).

- All players must register for the scramble part of the competition by sending an SMail to me.

- Scramble registrations must be SENT by 12 noon (server time) on Thursday 14 March. Anything related to the competition that is sent after that time will be disregarded.

- Only those players who register for the scramble part of the event will be awarded scramble points for their agency - this doesn't mean you can't enter the showdowns themselves if you don't belong to an agency - All are welcome!

- Players who are in an agency, but don't send me an SMail, won't get any scramble points.

- If you change agencies after registering for scramble points and notify me before registrations close on 14 March, your scramble points will go to your new agency. If you change/leave agency after 14 March, the old agency will get the points.

if this person is allowed to compete and earn scramble points then that is NOT part of the above mentioned rules..

John Bear
John Bear

Ugh! Looks like I didn't make these rules clear enough!

If you change agency after registering and notify me before registration closes (14th March) the points will go to the new agency. Therefore, by implication - if you leave an agency after registering but DON'T notify me before registration closes - your points still go to the original nominated agency.

ICY, I sent a SMail to the detective to whom you refer but didn't get a reply. They haven't been online since 10th March.

To be fair to everyone it's probably best to take a concensus view from all those who registered for scramble points. If the majority feel that this person should not be awarded scramble points, then thats how we'll deal with it.

I'll SMail everyone that registered and get back to you. I take it I don't need to ask your view?

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

John,
I think it would be best to ask all involved their view, as how can an agency profit off someone who is no longer a member, for example: in regular game play, if an agency member resigns or a director boots a member and then the agency completes a hunt, the former member would NOT receive a challenge point, so an agency in this scramble event should NOT profit off the play of a detective who is no longer an active member of the agency.if that was the case then everyone who registered could have quit their agency and not registered a new one and yet still the original agency could earn points even if none of the current members entered the event, but only the scramble entrants would have competed to give that agency points.

develin
develin

As I understood, registration doesn't neccesaraly mean someone will be there to do the SD...
But if it is a problem that Ivory Draigh would get points from someone who left, I'm more then happy to skip those.

John Bear
John Bear

Thanks develin.

I think (hope) that solves the whole problem.

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

Dev,
You are already entered in the scramble so you should earn agency scramble points when you compete in the scramble. and you met the registration requirements for your agency just by being entered. Now if you had left the agency after registration, and there was NO other participant in agency entered how would those others gain points if you are no longer in an agency and playing solo. like i said, there is not cp if you leave an agency and hunt gets completed, just like no reward cp if you compete in solo showdown.

Droid
Droid

If it's an agency prize I'd like a clock that shows the correct time hung on the wall of the meeting room of whoever wins. It can't be that hard to program since several flash-based 'escape the room' games have a clock and set the hands from the local machine's time. Would mean Ben actually having to write some new code for the game though.

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

a clock??? what good is that?? thought prizes awards were to benefit game play??. that would be a complete waste of a prize....

Droid
Droid

So you'd rather something that makes the game easier for you to play rather than something that's aesthetically pleasing?

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help