Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

The March Madness Showdown Scramble

John Bear
John Bear

Greetings All,

Following on from Mercey's thread about missing her birthday, and with an approving nod from Secret Squirrel, I am pleased to announce the "March Madness Showdown Scramble"

This will be a series of eight Sleuth Showdowns which I will be coordinating over two weekends in March (obviously).

As with previous hosted showdowns, there will be special prizes for the winners (I'll let Secret Squirrel announce those closer to the time), but this time there will also be an opportunity for your agency to win something.

Depending on your finishing position in each showdown, you will be awarded scramble points for your agency. At the end of the eight showdowns, the agency with the most scramble points will win a special agency item. This will probably be something unique, but will definitely be something worth having (again, Secret Squirrel will tell us more closer to the time).

Replies
John Bear
John Bear

SHOWDOWN DATES & TIMES - FIRST WEEKEND

Showdown 1:
Fri 15 March 22:00 (server time)

Pacific Time = 21:00 (Fri)
Eastern Time = 00:00 (Sat)
UK Time = 04:00 (Sat)
European Time = 05:00 (Sat)
West Australia = 12:00 (Sat)
East Australia = 15:00 (Sat)

Showdown 2:
Sat 16 March 07:00 (server time)

Pacific Time = 06:00 (Sat)
Eastern Time = 09:00 (Sat)
UK Time = 13:00 (Sat)
European Time = 14:00 (Sat)
West Australia = 21:00 (Sat)
East Australia = 00:00 (Sun)

Showdown 3:
Sat 16 March 16:00 (server time)

Pacific Time = 15:00 (Sat)
Eastern Time = 18:00 (Sat)
UK Time = 22:00 (Sat)
European Time = 23:00 (Sun)
West Australia = 06:00 (Sun)
East Australia = 09:00 (Sun)

Showdown 4:
Sat 16 March 23:00 (server time)

Pacific Time = 22:00 (Sat)
Eastern Time = 01:00 (Sat)
UK Time = 05:00 (Sun)
European Time = 06:00 (Sun)
West Australia = 13:00 (Sun)
East Australia = 16:00 (Sun)

John Bear
John Bear

SHOWDOWN DATES & TIMES - SECOND WEEKEND

Showdown 5:
Fri 22 March 22:00 (server time)

Pacific Time = 21:00 (Fri)
Eastern Time = 00:00 (Sat)
UK Time = 04:00 (Sat)
European Time = 05:00 (Sat)
West Australia = 12:00 (Sat)
East Australia = 15:00 (Sat)

Showdown 6:
Sat 23 March 07:00 (server time)

Pacific Time = 06:00 (Sat)
Eastern Time = 09:00 (Sat)
UK Time = 13:00 (Sat)
European Time = 14:00 (Sat)
West Australia = 21:00 (Sat)
East Australia = 00:00 (Sun)

Showdown 7:
Sat 23 March 16:00 (server time)

Pacific Time = 15:00 (Sat)
Eastern Time = 18:00 (Sat)
UK Time = 22:00 (Sat)
European Time = 23:00 (Sun)
West Australia = 06:00 (Sun)
East Australia = 09:00 (Sun)

Showdown 8:
Sat 23 March 23:00 (server time)

Pacific Time = 22:00 (Sat)
Eastern Time = 01:00 (Sat)
UK Time = 05:00 (Sun)
European Time = 06:00 (Sun)
West Australia = 13:00 (Sun)
East Australia = 16:00 (Sun)

John Bear
John Bear

COMPETITION RULES

- Anyone can enter one or all of the showdowns (providing they have the 5,000 experience required).

- All players must register for the scramble part of the competition by sending an SMail to me.

- Scramble registrations must be SENT by 12 noon (server time) on Thursday 14 March. Anything related to the competition that is sent after that time will be disregarded.

- Only those players who register for the scramble part of the event will be awarded scramble points for their agency - this doesn't mean you can't enter the showdowns themselves if you don't belong to an agency - All are welcome!

- Players who are in an agency, but don't send me an SMail, won't get any scramble points.

- If you change agencies after registering for scramble points and notify me before registrations close on 14 March, your scramble points will go to your new agency. If you change/leave agency after 14 March, the old agency will get the points.

- After each showdown, I will work out how many scramble points everyone gets and post the relevant results on this thread.
1st place will get 50 scramble points
2nd place will get 48 scramble points
3rd place will get 46 scramble points
etc., etc., etc.,

- All players (who are registered for scramble points) will get a minimum of 10 scramble points for entering the showdown - so you get points even if you quit or get disqualified. You won't get anything for just sitting in the Lobby though!

- Prizes will be issued by Secret Squirrel in the usual manner (as soon as he can - don't pester him!)

Think I've made that as clear as I can.

Any questions, please SMail me.

Don't bother Admin or Secret Squirrel, and try not to add to this (already too long) thread.

Mrs. Bubbles
Mrs. Bubbles

Great! Thanks!

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Sound Great and everything is self explanatory, Thanks for doing something to add to SoM.

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

instead of having these silly little challenges with agencies and showdown challenges, why dont you get the admin to fix the following issues with the game:
1-new server, since the current server crashes for days
2-fix all the blank grey/white screesns(freezes)
3-fix the issues when the game logs us out without notice.
4-the "loading/connecting" issues
5- CREATE NEW CONTENT!!!

fancy gifts and awards are ok, but this game would be so much better if there was something new to do other than the same old same old day after day after day...
prizes for detectives, and group prize for agency is nothing to get really exited about.
It is interesting that i came up with a suggestion to add new content, and it fell on deaf ears as usual, but when someone offers an agency challenge or individual challenges, the powers that be tend to listen...
I guess the admin and SS only listen to their "favorite" players and pets they have in this game.

Jayneromina
Jayneromina

Well, I suppose you could always vote with your feet, icy. And for the record there is no player more fair on this site than JB, which is why he has been asked to set up the sds. And he has obviously worked very hard to make it fair for all, no matter where they are in the world.

BrewsterAnne
BrewsterAnne

Thank you John Bear! Although we are not getting new content at the moment, it is nice to see that there will be some unique items to shoot for! Thanks again for coordinating this SCRAMBLE!

John Bear
John Bear

@icaughtyou

1 - You don't have to take part if you don't want to (or if you feel that it's a stupid idea). Although it would be a shame if you didn't take part, since you are so good at showdowns.

2 - Your game issues would be better addressed directly to Sleuth Admin rather than posted here. Much as I'd like to be able to help you, I am unable to alter the programming or database handling for Sleuth.

3 - I am nobody's pet.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

I agree Jayne. If you notice the times of the SD's a lot of us are in bed. JB did an excellent job of creating something different for the game.

Now I would venture to say the the number one absolute ruler of the showdown lobby would be happy to accept this challenge unless......

Anyway, new content is always welcome no matter what form it comes in.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help