Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

New Case Level Harder Than AI

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

This post is for serious players, subbed or unsubbed, so please keep this post on track with no off topic talk, and keep our comments polite and positive, let us not have any arguing, drama, or nasty comments about other players... This is my suggestion to any player(active) who has reached the Almost Impossible(AI) case level and wants to see a harder case level implemented into the game. I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback from the following players:
Joseph Chen
TJ Sweet
Mercey Less
Jayneromina
and of course Admin, and Secret Squirrel.

All the above mentioned players(active) know, playing AI cases are very similar to the Ridiculously Hard(RH) cases with a few differences, I won't reveal to others what those differences are to keep the game interesting to those who have not achieved the AI level yet.
Here is my suggestion to make a harder level case above AI to make the game more challenging for all players..

I suggest a new case level called either "Totally Impossible"(TI) or called "Admin Special"(AS) cases.. Admin or Squirrel can choose the name. Here is how it could work:

We all know that the Bank President and Editor in Chief will unlock the SH,RH, and AI case levels depending on your EXP level.
I believe that SH is 100K, RH is 1M, and AI is 4M EXP(if i got SH wrong please correct me).
Once a player has reached 10,000,000 EXP and they have a minimum standing of 100+ with the Bank President and the Editor in Chief the new case level will unlock and give the TI or AS case level.
In solving a TI/AS case here is what we could receive:
10,240 EXP
$2800-3100 Reward
in favor cases the above EXP and $ would not change, however the standing points for the particular townie would be between 3-9 standing points for successfully completing the favor case, we would still of course have 3 favors per day(subbed) and 1 favor(unsubbed).
The standing bonus can be based on what the townie is currently at, once a townie has a standing of 80+ all favors for that townie would be a standing of only +3, any contact with a standing below 65 would

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

ehh...as I have thought, no one seems to like my suggestions because I'm all to myself? Well, for a change, I like Droid's idea of Admin's Revenge, because it will make cases harder.

@ICY: No, I didn't said that I like the Janitor, but I just thought after 3 years Code Breaking skills and Encoded Notes being removed from the game, its time to bring them back into the game.

@TJ: I agree with you, not many has unlocked AI cases, because its their choice whether to reach it in the first place. But I think its unfair for us to wait for the rest to reach it while sitting here with nothing to do. That seems a little cruel. Ohh man, wished I had not got so much experience in the first place so that I can easily let go of my spot to the next deserving player.

@Mercey: How did you know that I needed to ask 4 questions in my cases? lmao...I get the special gears, but I keep them in my private locker. I also get gifts from favors but I keep them in my agency locker. When running out of space, I will just pick a case to use the gifts or sell it for money.

Regarding personal gain, I would just like to share what I feel with the Admins and y'all here. As y'all know, I reached #1 since 3 years ago (nearly 4 years now), but that's not the point. The point is many of the great players left one by one, because somehow the game has forced them to quit or leave the game at certain point. For me, I still have the fire in me to learn more about the game. lmao...it must be funny for a #1 to say that he still have things to learn about the game, but of course up to a certain point, my head always tell me to stop, because there's nothing new and my heart kept telling myself not to stop because this hobby game of Admin is not complete yet.

Y'all know its not easy to reach #1 in an online game. If you reached where I am, I'm sure y'all will have the same question playing with your mind... to continue or not to continue...

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

In accordance with my original post about being polite, positive, no arguing, drama, or nasty talk about others, and keeping the post as a friendly discussion about OUR ideas to improve game play I say this:

@ joseph, i meant my comment about the janitor in a nice manner, as i
thought i read somewhere in a post you said ago about liking the janitor because he offered the codebreaking. so i meant no disrespect in my comment earlier..... if i did say something wrong i apologize, as i been trying to make sure all my comments in this forum are per: what i stated at the beginning.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

@ Joseph, WOW, never thought I would hear myself say this but welcome back. Really glad to see the old fire back ;)

Droid
Droid

Reintroducing code breaking/encrypted notes into higher level cases would certainly return some of the challenge, they added several hours game time so there was more chance of running out of time.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Suggestions made so far:

1) Apr 11 2010 (cjmcebdb): She hopes to see some secret passageways and maybe the game could be in 3-d, and players can actually talk to the suspects.

2) Apr 11 2010 (Myself):
a) I hope to see equipment locker and private locker separated between gears and gifts. Also hope inventory spaces can be increase. Can be increase to fit more with a price per spot (up to a certain numbers only).

b) Showdown against Computer Opponent, based on the level of the showdown case.

c) Necromancy should work by itself without the need for gifts or manipulation as the dead shouldn't clammed up. Code Breaking should decode the Encoded Notes directly without depending on faction minions.

d) Statues found in the crime scene doesn't give any new content, so it could give something new.

e) Agency Headquarter can be upgraded to include a Crime Lab, whether it is to analyse Handprints or any other types of evidence, once per person per case.

f) Having more physical evidence of the same type in higher level cases shouldn't affect lower experience players, so I'm the only one hoping to see more physical evidence of the same type in all my cases. Well Done, this seems to be implemented already.

g) Gifts that can be given to both male and female. Well Done, this seems to be implemented already. Gifts that can extend case time by 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours and 5 hours. Gifts that can be given to the case giver to allow players to accuse the killer while he/she is not at home. Gifts that can be given to the tailor to extend the durability of coats.

Also have a look here too:

Pawn Broker Suggestion by John Bear
http://shades.playsleuth.com/community/boards/post.spy?id=5679

Quick Poll on New Features by Sleuth Admin
http://shades.playsleuth.com/community/boards/post.spy?id=5556&first_record=41688

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

4) Apr 13 2010 (RosieS): She like to see that when she spend a lot of money, that she can buy a cologne from the Tailor and a perfume from the Stylist, on the fly. Myself further suggest that those gifts requires certain standings and player's exp in order for the townies to sell them and each sold gift will cost a decrease in standings with townies.

5) Apr 14 2010 (ThorLoki): He hopes to have a variation on the cases, instead of just a murder case, how about a missing person case or a robbery case.

6) Apr 17 2010 (Darcoth): He hopes to have an option added to the locksmith that allows players to match the key he has to a key on the file and then he can get the name of the person or maybe their location. This service would be offered at some price and possibly need some lock picking skill level to access it.

7) Apr 19 2010 (Sister MM): She would love to go to the pawn shop and trade a girl gift for a boy gift. Or put a girl/boy gift in hock and then pay to get it out later when she need it.

8) Apr 22 2010 (Isaac Mendez): He hopes to have 1 general chat on the homepage, instead of all separate ones in the town.

9) May 8 2010 (Belami): She suggests that the killer could be killed by someone else and she can use the clues from the first victim to see if it matches second victim. She also suggested that Necromancy should work by itself and to bring back the corrected Code Breaking and Encoded Notes. Also hoping the piano will play when clicked on it.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

10) May 9 2010 (Mr.Harold): He hopes that Admin add new causes of death, ex. strangling, poisoning, fall to death. Myself further suggested that these new causes of death needs new murder weapon, the rope, poison and so on.

11) May 18 2010 (cjmcebdb): She hopes Admin could make a new item (hat preferably) that will allow her to go into the houses of the suspects without lock picking and this hat is only available through winning showdown and can be use a certain number of times, then it will expire. Myself further suggested that if this hat offer something else like instead of getting 1 question for using the wrong manipulation, the player gets 2 questions and for using the right manipulation, the player gets 3 questions.

12) May 18 2010 (thesuperdetective546): He hopes to see arch villians in SoM just like Noir.

13) May 25 2010 (cjmcebdb): She hopes to see scripted mysteries.

14) May 25 2010 (Myself): I further suggested that not only those who have unlocked AI level can do AVH.

15) Jun 23 2010 (4f): He said that Admin should create a new skill and a new place. A scientist lab perhaps, whereby detectives can go there to sleep, to analyze evidence or spin the wheel of truth. For example, detectives can type in and ask " Will I find a signed note / key in the person house?"But detectives are not allowed to ask silly questions, not even asking who the murderer is. If the arrow points to 1 percent, most likely not possible, if it points to 50 percent, there might be a possibility, if it points to 80 percent, most likely possible and if points to 100 percent, defintely possible/ confirmed.
It can be used to tell a person's alibi when the person is not at home.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

16) Jun 27 2010 (Myself): I suggested from Noir, if players did the 3 parts of a scripted mysteries, the player gets either a travel kit or a half price of paying FA, maybe SoM should have that too. Further suggesting Admin to allow players to create scripted mysteries. And the reward for getting those achievements is to give the players a chance to write a scripted mysteries based on the level of the achievements, hence if a player achieve 1M xp achievement, then he/she can contribute 1 RH scripted mystery.

17) Jun 27 2010 (Myself): In case file tab, it doesn't show the results for Judge Of Character used on the suspect. and after using the well said manipulation, it doesn't show in case file tab, how many more question left will the suspect answer before clamming up again. Logically, I think suspects and townies shouldn't be able to be manipulated more than once, so that the cases becomes harder as player does harder cases.

18) Jul 15 2010 (Myself): Pawn Broker suggestion:

1) Add this townie as TH townie.
2) Allow a function of this townie to "Trade documents for gift" based on standings:
0 - 14 Cannot Trade
15 - 39 Can trade 20 documents for 1 gift (either male/female)
40 above Can trade 15 documents for 1 gift (either male/female)

With each trade, the standings of this townie will drop:
40 above Drop by 3
15 - 39 Drop by 2

This will allow players to get a chance to obtain gifts but also not to allow too many trades each day, so players can only make 1 trade a day (while not doing a case).

(continue later...)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

19) Jul 25 2010 (Jacobus): He suggested that players can use collected documents in another way, which an example he gave was for players to give 5 documents in one go for a reward to a contact (extra gift or key) or maybe sell your document to someone for cash.

20) Jul 27 2010 (riz007): He suggested that when he complete case with most of the time remaining then there should be displayed "excellent" and give subscription for two days to players who are regularly doing 4 cases from more than a year.

lmao... suggestions by riz007 caught Admin's attention, when he said "excellent" for efficient case solving: great idea, but automated free subs for someone who should probably be supporting the game: probably not.

21) Jul 27 2010 (Myself): I would prefer a new point system to be added in based on the case level completed, let say for every AI case done, player is awarded with 0.1 point and these points can count towards challenge points if Admin don't want to add a new point system.

This new point system will only count towards purchasing hand gear, special gifts and special keys (apart from money). ^_^

AI - 0.1 point
RH - 0.05 point
SH - 0.025 points
IH - 0.0125 points

and so on... ^_^

Players can start to do more cases in order to accumulate these new points so that it can be use later on once those new hand gears, special gifts and special keys comes into play.

22) Jul 27 2010 (Grace Lennox): She suggested that female suspects may smoke and male suspect can put on lip balm.

23) Jul 27 2010 (Belami): i think i already came up with some ideas a few pages ago but wanted to restate...

first, i feel totally gyped when i get to talk to a ghost and then am asked to give a gift. i think you should always get a free question after getting to the necromancy stage...and i think the nature of the questions should be more interesting. after all, we are talking to a ghost who was murdered! can't we at least find out the sex of the murderer, or some other good hint? or the answer could be kind of cryptic. make it something a ghost mi

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

24) Jul 28 2010 (TJ Sweet): I been thinking of ways to increase participation in the Showdowns. Seems the only time you get more then 3 in a Showdown is when it is an Admin sponsored.

My suggestion is to have a Showdown Shop where you can use Challenge Points to buy items. You can buy favor items, have other items that are only exclusive to the Shop, like the new backgrounds, hats other items.

It may increase people wanting to do showdowns and even treasure hunts if the challenge points could be used for different things. I know you have to have some to buy certain coats or hats. But other then that they are useless. If you can use them for different things you may need to replenish your Challenge Points. (Always good to create a demand)

Favor Items
5 challenge points (perfume, cologne)
10 challenge points (whiskey, Golden Locket)
20-30 challenge points (different backgrounds choices)
50 challenge points an exclusive hat
You could even have a top item that may make it worth it to save your points like a 1 month subscription at 250 points (you don't want to make it easy to achieve)

Also when there are 4 or more in a Showdown maybe award 1 challenge point for 2nd place.

I mean who in a pinch wouldn't go to the shop to buy that favor gift to get a case solved.

Admin commented: @ TJ I kinda like that idea... I suppose it also depends on how much future value we place on challenge points too.

@JC game currency is an interesting topic.

@ Belami, I really need to get to the necromancy stage lol. *walk of shame* But I will talk to Ben about the theory behind the mechanics of that skill. See if there's a rational reason for doing it that way. I'm all for adding a bit of flavour to the game, so I'll hunt up what the meeting text is as well and have a look at that.

25) Aug 9 2010 (Myself): Besides having only murder cases, I would like to suggest:

1) Missing person case
- A [Client] hires a detective to find a missing person, as in kidnap.
2) Missing document case
- A [Client] hires a detective to locate a stolen do

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help