Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

New Case Level Harder Than AI

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

This post is for serious players, subbed or unsubbed, so please keep this post on track with no off topic talk, and keep our comments polite and positive, let us not have any arguing, drama, or nasty comments about other players... This is my suggestion to any player(active) who has reached the Almost Impossible(AI) case level and wants to see a harder case level implemented into the game. I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback from the following players:
Joseph Chen
TJ Sweet
Mercey Less
Jayneromina
and of course Admin, and Secret Squirrel.

All the above mentioned players(active) know, playing AI cases are very similar to the Ridiculously Hard(RH) cases with a few differences, I won't reveal to others what those differences are to keep the game interesting to those who have not achieved the AI level yet.
Here is my suggestion to make a harder level case above AI to make the game more challenging for all players..

I suggest a new case level called either "Totally Impossible"(TI) or called "Admin Special"(AS) cases.. Admin or Squirrel can choose the name. Here is how it could work:

We all know that the Bank President and Editor in Chief will unlock the SH,RH, and AI case levels depending on your EXP level.
I believe that SH is 100K, RH is 1M, and AI is 4M EXP(if i got SH wrong please correct me).
Once a player has reached 10,000,000 EXP and they have a minimum standing of 100+ with the Bank President and the Editor in Chief the new case level will unlock and give the TI or AS case level.
In solving a TI/AS case here is what we could receive:
10,240 EXP
$2800-3100 Reward
in favor cases the above EXP and $ would not change, however the standing points for the particular townie would be between 3-9 standing points for successfully completing the favor case, we would still of course have 3 favors per day(subbed) and 1 favor(unsubbed).
The standing bonus can be based on what the townie is currently at, once a townie has a standing of 80+ all favors for that townie would be a standing of only +3, any contact with a standing below 65 would

Replies
MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Honestly I don't see where the "reaching AI level" has anything to do with anything. Yes, we get those pretty little gold lockets and that old whiskey that Droid probably likes but where is the true challenge. When do you honestly have to ask 4 questions?

The only thing that is different than an RH case is that you have two people die and you can possibly have 3 people match PE. OMG what a difference. If you study the cases long enough you know how to figure that out and all you need it your one necro skill and a ring or glove for that matter.

Please guys, the ones that ICY is imploring to, lets for once ask for something other than personal challenges. Recent inductees need to experience the "oh so challenge" and then realize, ain't that big a deal.

Joseph, TJ, myself, Icy, Jayne, and anyone else who feels that SoM can be bettered through changes other than personal gain please post here.

Sorry guys, glad you have reached it but you haven't done enough to know that it really isn't that great of a deal unless you are all about yourselves. I would give up all my stored gold lockets for one chance at a hidden door that takes me to a new city.

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

we need to get rid of the janitor(sorry joseph i know you like the janitor) since he currently does nothing. but sell the grey trench, and add maybe a forensic tech in his place that could run a fingerprint analysis, and say that the guilty suspect(s) have their fingerprints on file from another crime they committed, and we could determine if it was from a man or a women. it can be so brutal when we have case that have 3-4 handprint samples, or when that is the only evidence in the case.. or maybe somehow incorporate the fingerprint sample with the murder weapon... or even match the fingerprint somehow with the type of hands the suspects have. maybe a smaller fingerprint for women and a larger fingerprint sample for men...

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Now that is a valid request. Like that as I have discussed this possibility with TJ on many occasions. Keep on this lines and you got my attention.

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

@ Mercey,
I completely understand your thoughts and others regarding more challenging events for agencies, team play, etc.. I do know that there are several players subbed and unsubbed for whatever reason choose NOT to join or create an agency and do like the solo play aspect of the game, some players i speak with wont do agency stuff because they dont want to spend the money on an agency and maintain paying rent daily, of they just dont trust others in the game to be in their agency. speaking for myself the only real reason i ever did the whole agency thing was to be able to save cases for EXP boost or for the locker to store items, I am of course nowhere near the level of many of the seasoned agencies so i can not speak on much of the TH stuff. but i do enjoy alot of the single player things in the game.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

And that ICY is perfectly understandable. Sad, but understandable. I so wish that you could have been around at the time when Joseph had Zen Oracle and Isaac had Primatech and Azar had AIU, you would understand then.

Anyway, the sad truth is you are right. There is no longer, in SoM, the need for agencies because all of you all are about yourselves and that lends to no need for agency anything.

So, now that being said, what is the question who is and will remain or become the number one agency.

Obviously agencies now have to do hunts to obtain money or members have to pay rent which is pathetic in my opinion if an agency does a hunt.

Anyway, Ben and John, can you please try to find a way to make agencies what they once use to be. That truly is the sole and contributors of the game. People can want and wish for themselves but a true detective can not solve a case on their own so why should SoM be any different?

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

I think the agencies are great for those who do want to do TH , and possibly have their own inner agency events, one example of an agency who appears to have a little something going on is Rescue Rangers based on a recent post Chip stated about one of his agents winning their own agency competition, and they seem to be all working well together. I do know that many of the agencies truly enjoy the hunts and their own special challenges within themselves which is very nice and a good idea. The triathlon was another example of teamwork and challenge. it seemed that TTMD and FOUR MUSKETEERS did quite well i am sure you ALL enjoyed regardless of the winner was going to be at the start of it....You are very correct of people being for them selves here in SoM, and I will admit I am just as guilty of it myself. But dont take me wrong I still have a good time playing most of the time. seems that my skills are VERY lacking as an agency director, and I am not very skilled at alot of the agency stuff..

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

ehh...as I have thought, no one seems to like my suggestions because I'm all to myself? Well, for a change, I like Droid's idea of Admin's Revenge, because it will make cases harder.

@ICY: No, I didn't said that I like the Janitor, but I just thought after 3 years Code Breaking skills and Encoded Notes being removed from the game, its time to bring them back into the game.

@TJ: I agree with you, not many has unlocked AI cases, because its their choice whether to reach it in the first place. But I think its unfair for us to wait for the rest to reach it while sitting here with nothing to do. That seems a little cruel. Ohh man, wished I had not got so much experience in the first place so that I can easily let go of my spot to the next deserving player.

@Mercey: How did you know that I needed to ask 4 questions in my cases? lmao...I get the special gears, but I keep them in my private locker. I also get gifts from favors but I keep them in my agency locker. When running out of space, I will just pick a case to use the gifts or sell it for money.

Regarding personal gain, I would just like to share what I feel with the Admins and y'all here. As y'all know, I reached #1 since 3 years ago (nearly 4 years now), but that's not the point. The point is many of the great players left one by one, because somehow the game has forced them to quit or leave the game at certain point. For me, I still have the fire in me to learn more about the game. lmao...it must be funny for a #1 to say that he still have things to learn about the game, but of course up to a certain point, my head always tell me to stop, because there's nothing new and my heart kept telling myself not to stop because this hobby game of Admin is not complete yet.

Y'all know its not easy to reach #1 in an online game. If you reached where I am, I'm sure y'all will have the same question playing with your mind... to continue or not to continue...

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

In accordance with my original post about being polite, positive, no arguing, drama, or nasty talk about others, and keeping the post as a friendly discussion about OUR ideas to improve game play I say this:

@ joseph, i meant my comment about the janitor in a nice manner, as i
thought i read somewhere in a post you said ago about liking the janitor because he offered the codebreaking. so i meant no disrespect in my comment earlier..... if i did say something wrong i apologize, as i been trying to make sure all my comments in this forum are per: what i stated at the beginning.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

@ Joseph, WOW, never thought I would hear myself say this but welcome back. Really glad to see the old fire back ;)

Droid
Droid

Reintroducing code breaking/encrypted notes into higher level cases would certainly return some of the challenge, they added several hours game time so there was more chance of running out of time.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help