Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

2012 SoM Triathlon Challenge

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Here is the "2012 SoM Triathlon Challenge"

Players organize themselves into teams forming a new agency for challenge. Team sizes 3-4 to an agency. Must be all real player (no doubles) also no sharing of password to be used by others to participate in SDs or do steps in TH.

Length of Triathlon 30 days. Starting on Sept 9th. Ending Oct 8th.

Winner will be the agency that has the highest total of Agency Fame + Points earned.

Fame for agencies is earned from doing cases and completing Treasure Hunts.

Points (and bonus Points) are earned from Showdowns(SD), Treasure Hunts(TH) and SD style TH.

A)Points from SD's are earn the following ways.
1) 1 point for solving a SD, 2 points for winning a SD.
Max. Points awarded daily for each agency is 8.

Bonus points in SDs can be earned if there is a member from at least 2 competing agencies doing a SD. Winning player earns 5 bonus points for their respective agency. * No Limit to SD bonus points as long as certain restrictions are followed.

NO COLLUSION

*no teaming up! ie: meaning if there are 2 players from one agency and one from a different agency then 1 player from the agency with 2 must back out so it is a Heads ups SD. 1 on 1. Basically only 1 player from each agency competing can do SDs together.

All other players of SoM not in Agency competition can still be in SD. We cant ask then not to enjoy the game. To earn you must win SD even if non-competing players are doing SD. If they win no bonus points awarded.

B) Besides Fame earned from TH, points will also be awarded based on TH.
1)5500 earns 75 points, 7000 earns 125 points, 8500 earns
175 points, 10000 earns 225 points, 11500 earns 275
points.

Double points to agency who completes a challenged TH. Wither
or not they challenged or was challenged.

There will be Two SD style TH. Meaning All agencies in the competition will all do the same TH on a set day and time. Generally this will be the largest TH avail. Normal Points awarded to winner

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Nice challenge you have here TJ, well done. I wish all participants best of luck. ^_^

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

3 days until those wishing to team up to announce their Team to join in on the Triathlon Challenge.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Good luck everyone. I'll look forward to coming up with some shiney unique prizes for the winners.

topkebab
topkebab

Shiny prizes! Yay!

Jayneromina
Jayneromina

Just to reiterate that Paige Marie, Heart broken kid, develin and myself will be forming agency for the triathlon

develin
develin

Thanks Squirrel....we love prizes...:)

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Second team in competition will be Droid, Mercey, Top and Myself .

Good luck all and lets hope to get another team involved.

Thanks John for giving up some of your time to come up with unique shiney bobbles

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

oooooo shiny bobbles :D ummmm what is a shiny bobble :P

Droid
Droid

Clarification on highest value hunt for SD style hunt, if two or three on offer at same value then the higher one up the list is the one we all do.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Oh that is good point Droid, which hunt will be taken. Well, I think that your suggestion is good. Top high hunt is the one taken. That saves pming back and forth deciding what hunt to take we already know.

As for date of first SD hunt, please everyone remember since we moved the starting date of the triathlon to allow more time for teams to join, the date of the first SD hunt will be next Sunday, the 23rd of September.

Think TJ plans on clarifying all questions and points addressed today before official start of games.

Good Luck everyone :D

Oh btw, thanks John for helping in the event.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help