Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Treasure Hunts

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

I thought that this would be a good time to establish the rules of Th's. As I am told by one source, if a TH is opened, they should be allowed to go to bed and the hunt will still be there. Hmmm guess that didn't matter when the person went to work.

On the other hand, PIC is always cleaning up hunts that are accidentlly opened and that is perfectly fine (JB this is not at you)

My partner said today that he thought that hunts were jumped because they are suppose to be not because you like or dislike someone and he is right.

Since TH's are the only way to gain CP;s except SD's then I think that the REAL RULES of TH's should be posted and known. If that means agencies getting their toes stepped on so be it. Just because PIC is #1 does not mean that we can not be challenged and we welcome it.

So that being said:

Rules of TH's are easy:

Open, do and win

I think maybe we all ought to try to play the game as Ben intended than how WE WOULD LIKE the game played.

So I invite the Directors of active agencies to post their comments.

PIC could and will dominate all hunts just like SD's are dominated but we don't want to do that. How about we work together after all, doing most SDs and winning are two different things. Doing most hunts and winning are the same thing.

Replies
Gary Jules
Gary Jules

or perhaps i should tell develin, then she will tell you?

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I never commented on your agencies Jayna, so dont know where that came from lumping me in with the rest of your comment.

Then what was your purpose to bring up my agency? It was not necessary. This isnt the thread the matter was posted on.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

I only have 1 thing to say on this and it is my last comment. I noticed that in hunt done today by Ivory that MirrorMirror suddenly had to pop over from RD to ID to finish. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now I am confused.

develin
develin

Then you noticed wrong Mercey.... we haven't finished yet...:)

Jayneromina
Jayneromina

Hi Mercey, It always was my intention when I started Ivory Draigh and Red Dragon, that the two agencies would help each other in hunts. Don't think there is anything against that in the rules. But that will not happen in the co-ordinated competitions that you are trying to arrange, I promise As i saw it, at the time when I founded the agencies, it was a good thing that they worked together.

Truthsayer
Truthsayer

Really? Honestly?

"I can assure you that, in the main, we are now strong enough to do hunts without changing agencies"
- Except around dawn his morning when MirrorMirror moved from Red Dragon to Ivory Draigh.

"each one of our members in each agency is a real, separate individual"
- I think you'll find that at least two detectives in each agency are not real people, or are no longer playing.

Jayneromina
Jayneromina

I am talking to Mercey about the co-ordinated hunt to take place on Saturday, so keep focussed on the subject

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

ok yes first @ Truthsayer yeah that is what I was talking about but lets end this stuff please.

Let us stick to the coordinating of the hunt.

develin
develin

It looks like some people are out to stirr up things, while all we want to do is play a good and fun game...
Even a good idea like Mercey's co-ordinated hunts seems reasson for some to get nasty.
I didn't delete your message "truthsayer", because we have nothing to hide. I was tempted though, because of the attack on someone.
These boards are not meant for personal attack on anyone, but to talk about the game, and we were discussing the return of Mercey's co-ordinated hunts.
So let's stick to the subject......

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Sorry to revive this thread when I thought people were on track, but I'd like to answer something from the suggestion thread, that was more of a sook than a sugeestion ... JC :p

But seriously...

Treasure Hunts aren't my forte and I know this post in its first couple of pages at least covered the basic concepts quite well...

Let me cover what I understand... and I am happy to be corrected.

1. I understand it's a 'tactic' to hold (block?) your hunt over till roll over so that when you solve it you have fresh favours for the next hunt, or all your agents were ready. All other issues aside, that makes sense to me as a 'tactic'. If I was in an Agency and was using this tactic and another Agency said hurry up we can't win this one but want the next one to generate coz we're ready I would probably say "I'll finish when I'm damned well please" :)

There's no really easy solution to this. In Noir you never know what your next favour will be until the favour case is given. There aren't umpteen case-givers either, just one, so it's much more random.

Here it's somewhat manipulable and transparent. That's the nature of the beast.

2. I think I also understand it's frowned up to 'jump' another Treasure Hunt, I don't get that I mean it's a competition. TH's are designed to be competitive (it's in the FAQ), not take turns at winning, that's just a joke.

Really, if I was in an Agency and there was a TH we could win, and another Agency told me 'but we're on that one' I'd say ever so politely "blow it out your shorts Jimbob".

3. The only inconsistency I see between TH's here and TH's in Noir is that in Noir you CANNOT invite new agents into a hunt, mid-hunt. I believe this is possible in Shades.

Now THAT is something Ben 'could' and probably 'should' fix.

4. Have I missed anything?

Squirrel out.

Happy Sleuthing.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help