Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Treasure Hunts

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

I thought that this would be a good time to establish the rules of Th's. As I am told by one source, if a TH is opened, they should be allowed to go to bed and the hunt will still be there. Hmmm guess that didn't matter when the person went to work.

On the other hand, PIC is always cleaning up hunts that are accidentlly opened and that is perfectly fine (JB this is not at you)

My partner said today that he thought that hunts were jumped because they are suppose to be not because you like or dislike someone and he is right.

Since TH's are the only way to gain CP;s except SD's then I think that the REAL RULES of TH's should be posted and known. If that means agencies getting their toes stepped on so be it. Just because PIC is #1 does not mean that we can not be challenged and we welcome it.

So that being said:

Rules of TH's are easy:

Open, do and win

I think maybe we all ought to try to play the game as Ben intended than how WE WOULD LIKE the game played.

So I invite the Directors of active agencies to post their comments.

PIC could and will dominate all hunts just like SD's are dominated but we don't want to do that. How about we work together after all, doing most SDs and winning are two different things. Doing most hunts and winning are the same thing.

Replies
TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Good to see responses from both older and newly started agencies.

Thanks for clarifying a little John.

That one should not have an expectation because they open a particular hunt . Do 1 or 2 steps then have to goto bed or work (being gone for several hours).

Then others from a different agency in a different time zone come on looking to do a hunt and decide to challenge a hunt already open. (Because the size is right for the players they have or that is the only hunt they can open up for at that time.) There is nothing wrong with it. I know others may not like it or put a negative spin on it. We all know it is part of the game like it or not. :>X

The organized agency hunts was a good idea and a start. Nothing is stopping it from happening. I guess someone just needs to send out some PMs see who is up to take part. Maybe others can take it up lets not depend on one or 2 to do what many can.

John Bear
John Bear

Hmmm. Seems there are differing views here.

Some interpret the treasure hunt rules as they are written - an open competition that any agency can take part in at any time until the hunt is completed, while others seem to prefer their challenges without any involvement of risk.

Without risk there simply is no challenge, so it hardly seems fair to accept challenge points for a hunt when you haven't had to face a challenge from another agency.

Perhaps Ben should just set treasure hunts up the same way as showdowns, with challenge points only being awarded if two or more agencies take part in the hunt?

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Thank You for that John Bear. Agree with you 100\%. Suggested or said same many times. Maybe raise the stakes if a hunt is challenged 2 cps awarded to agency members who finish first.

Maybe no change is needed and it should be as is. The simple understanding that another agency may challenge at any time. So one opens at ones own risk. That is what I tell all my agents to expect. I still don't see what is wrong with that concept. From what I can see a Majority of us accept and understand that.

Hunts have always been challenged before (since they came into the game) long before me.

topkebab
topkebab

(I know I'm not a director ...yet... :P )

I agree that THs are open competitions. If your agency opens one, you should expect that another agency might want to try to compete to complete it first. Unfortunately there is no way to avoid person/agency A winning the hunt for the sole purpose of spiting person/agency B, rather than playing a friendly game like most of us.

Having said that, I think it's too easy to change a favour which makes it easy to win a TH within the space of time it take for a decent night's sleep.

Maybe make the TH's longer?

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Thank you everyone for your responses. I am very pleased to see that the majority agree with the already established rules of TH's.

I too enjoyed when we use to have the coordinated agency TH's but that did seem to get a bit difficult to establish as everyone seemed to have too much "REAL LIFE" things going on and that is how it should be.

Also, thank you Gary for clarifying the meaning of CHALLENGE now I don't need to go into that.

Good post JB, like the way you said that. One note though about taking away challenge points from TH's, then there would be no reason to do them and I love doing treasure hunts. Before CP's were really useful the one thing that has been mentioned to me many times and over the years I have noticed is people really don't want to hurt their own standings for the sake of a TH. Now that they are needed, it really must be more of a team effort. Personally, I like the idea of getting more than 1 CP under certain circumstances. Maybe that wouldl encourage more participation and challenge in hunts and also encourage more agencies to form and partake in them.

One other note about TH's that really hasn't been mentioned, TH's also help pay for the daily rent of an agency so that in itself should make the TH's a team effort and the team should be rewarded for giving up personal gains. I remember when it was standard procedure for Directors to charge their agents rent money to be in an agency. PIC has never done that and I don't know of any agency that does but.......

Anyway, back on the note of coordinated hunts, if you all like it that way then let's do it again. Or better yet, how about SS and the Mod's coordinate an Admin TH :D

Gary Jules
Gary Jules

After reading all said above, I think I prefer to earn Challenge points by winning showdowns. So Jayne, I think I can only repay you back your 40 CPs by getting sleuth admin's help, so I hope you don't mind to wait so long, because i'm still waiting for his reply.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Well Gary, you are great at doing SD's and you will probably get those CP's pretty quick.

Don't know how many more you need to pay off your debt but there is another way to do it without Admins help and no strings attached.

develin
develin

Gary, Jayne told you over and over she doesn't want the CP's back, so don't make it out as if she does.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

shoot was hoping that nobody posted yet on that as that was a big DUH moment on my part. After I posted that above I went to the store and as I was driving I realized that you can not give CP's to someone personally only to an agency.

So, sorry about that everyone. Now I understand the need to get admin involved.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

To get this thread back online, is anyone interested in doing a COORDINATED TH?

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help