Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Treasure Hunts

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

I thought that this would be a good time to establish the rules of Th's. As I am told by one source, if a TH is opened, they should be allowed to go to bed and the hunt will still be there. Hmmm guess that didn't matter when the person went to work.

On the other hand, PIC is always cleaning up hunts that are accidentlly opened and that is perfectly fine (JB this is not at you)

My partner said today that he thought that hunts were jumped because they are suppose to be not because you like or dislike someone and he is right.

Since TH's are the only way to gain CP;s except SD's then I think that the REAL RULES of TH's should be posted and known. If that means agencies getting their toes stepped on so be it. Just because PIC is #1 does not mean that we can not be challenged and we welcome it.

So that being said:

Rules of TH's are easy:

Open, do and win

I think maybe we all ought to try to play the game as Ben intended than how WE WOULD LIKE the game played.

So I invite the Directors of active agencies to post their comments.

PIC could and will dominate all hunts just like SD's are dominated but we don't want to do that. How about we work together after all, doing most SDs and winning are two different things. Doing most hunts and winning are the same thing.

Replies
TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I think the rules for TH are very straight forward, in the TH FAQs.

Droid put it to you very well "Hunts are challenged because there are meant to be". So, one should have a reasonable expectation that if you open a hunt. The possibility that it may be challenged at anytime under any circumstances is a given.

Now I could go over all the excuses I been told why this is wrong way to think. But it all comes down to that one basic statement. "Hunts can be challenged because they are suppose to be" or that was the intent when introduced to SoM for hunts to be challenged.

* I prefer to use "challenged" vs "jumped" or "stolen" since those try to put a negative meaning to something that is part of the game.

Joseph Chen
Joseph Chen

Well said from both of you (Mercey and TJ), however, not all Directors think the same way about hunts. I would like to pass, on what I think about hunts. So, lets wait for other Directors to post their thoughts. ^_^

Gary Jules
Gary Jules

Haven't really start to do treasure hunts yet, so not sure what to say. :P

John Bear
John Bear

I'm in total agreement with you here Mercey (and TJ).

The opening statement from the Treasure Hunt FAQ reads

"Treasure Hunts are competitions where agencies race to complete a set of tasks before their rivals."

Where's the confusion? That statement seems clear enough to me.

Opening a hunt does NOT give an agency sole rights to that particular hunt. If that was the case, it wouldn't be a COMPETITION.

develin
develin

As I see it it would be a competition if tw0 or even three agency's would start at the same time, with the same hunt...Then it would be the race Ben is talking about.
Taking over hunts while others aren't able to play, due to sleep or work you can hardly call a competition.

In every line of sport people compete at the same time, together, in order to equal the chances of winning.

Some time ago Mercey had a terrific idea of monthly agency hunts to compete, however it proved to be hard to keep this up.
It would be fun to start a hunt between two or three agency's though....:)

develin
develin

Btw, since my Englisch isn't my native language, I looked up the defination of "challenge".....

chal·lenge   [chal-inj] Show IPA noun, verb, -lenged, -leng·ing, adjective
noun
a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc.

How can you challenge someone if they have no clue they have been challenged?
Only after the hunt is lost you get the idea that you have been.....although noone "called" or "summoned" you to engage in a contest.......

I might see this wrong ofcourse...

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

I think in a game with players from multiple time zones there is no way you can not have players playing when others are sleeping.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Reply deleted by Moderator.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

That is to say it has always been the way that a TH will open when US people are sleeping, Euro people jump in, get so far then go to bed, then US people will wake up come online and start and maybe finish. Euro people wake up and go 'ah crap'.

That can work in reverse of course.

Agencies with a mix of nationalities I've found tend to do better. But that's not always the case by any stretch.

Gary Jules
Gary Jules

Hallo develin, het woord 'uitdaging' die je gebruikt niet de juiste zin voor u uitleggen, maar het woord 'racing' geschikter is.

hello develin, the word "challenge" you used is not the appropriate meaning for you have explain. however, the word "racing" is more appropriate.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help