Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Uncommon/Rare Collection Items

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

There are new uncommon favor reward drops in Sleuthville.

If you're lucky enough to get one, you can either sell them individually or try to gather the complete collection for a better reward.

Good Luck!

Replies
TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Joseph how about fractional CP given for starting and doing favor step. Say .5 (half a CP) If a full CP for starting and every step would really dilute there value even further. Then if and when hunt is completed additional CP (1-3 depending on size of hunt) like the money from hunt would go into the agency safe. To purchase agency items (phone, etc and other new items that may be introduced).

Or better allow CP to become a further commodity like money where it can be given or gifted to other agency members. From safe (by a director or from one agent member to another.)

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

No matter how easy CPs are earned these days, I still have faith they will never be awarded for something not accomplished as it would be the case of a not completed TH.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

yeah look I think the collections aren't meant to be able to collected twice. But I may have misunderstood Ben at the time. I tend to wander, he's quite boring :D

In any event I do think that 3 CP's first time up is fair and reasonable as a first up reward, then reducing that to 2 or 1 for every one after (if they are able to be handed in again) might be more reasonable. Otherwise you might put off kilter the value of CP's in comparison to Showdowns and TH's. Though it's not like completing the collection *for those who don't have the connections* to swap is 'easy', quite the opposite really.

+ There will be quite few more collections, and the stamps are the only collection that have only 3 items. So when you talk about 5 items being collected then a reasonable CP reward isn't err unreasonable!

But yeah if we are talking about balancing TH's / Collections / Showdowns / 'other things', so that the reward for completing is equable (both for those in Agencies and those without), then that is something worth looking at.

And remember Ben is retrofitting new 'stuff' to an old (minimally utilised) currency, and that is always funky. We'll understand better where we are when there are more collections, and when we introduce err 'other stuff'.

Please feel free to enlighten me if i still don't 'get it'.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

ps currencies suck!

Maude Clueless
Maude Clueless

I agree with Hayden. It's pretty difficult to get CPs just from showdowns since if you've got an opponent they tend to be pretty well-skilled players, and you have to be in an agency in the first place to get them from Treasure Hunts. So I think it's good to get them for persistence and patience! (Even though I've only ever got one stamp)

Droid
Droid

I can't see what anyone who doesn't hunt needs with CPs; You can buy rings with them which may be useful to me since my townies float around the 15 standing level due to hunting, but non-hunters must have all the townies at 40+ by now so they don't need gloves or rings, just the occasional bribe.

( I can't actually buy many rings as I don't have any normal townies at 40+ standing.) I did buy a large locker only to find the small one was just as good.

Maude Clueless
Maude Clueless

Hmm..sometimes it's just nice to have the option to buy coats and rings...whether they may come in useful or not!

Joseph Chen
Joseph Chen

Hello Ben/John,

Kindly consider to add:

Coins Collection (that work like apples and eggs, which can be traded/exchange for gifts or gears)

Books Collection (that could appear in theme, like if you could activate The Sherlock Holmes Book Collection, then the browser background would change and we get a different tune)

Hats Collection & Glasses Collection (Its time to add an avatar for each townie, so that each of them would have their own sets of hats and glasses - Just complete the sets for female townies in a particular town and you'll notice that they could answer an additional 1 question for free and if you complete both the sets for male and female townies in a particular town and they will answer additional 2 questions for free:

Doyleburgh (Male - 4, Female - 5)
North Christie (Male - 6, Female - 4)
Hammet Square (Male - 4, Female - 8)

Townie Favorite Collection (perhaps each townies would have their own favorite collection items - like they have their own preferred coin, book, hat & glasses.)

Detective Backgrounds Collection
or even the 12 zodiac sign Collection

All sorts of things that can be made into collection but if they could additional twists into the game, that would be fun. If Admin prefer not to create so many different type of gifts, then perhaps just add them like skeleton keys, documents, eggs and apples, so that they can be collected and listed in missions tab, rather than taking up spaces in player's inventory.

Regards,
Joseph

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

All very interesting ideas Joseph. It would be great if admin implemented some of them. I'll keep my fingers crossed. The idea to collect them in the mission tab rather than in our item inventory is an excellent thought. :-D

tyusad
tyusad

great thing Ben

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help