Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Uncommon/Rare Collection Items

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

There are new uncommon favor reward drops in Sleuthville.

If you're lucky enough to get one, you can either sell them individually or try to gather the complete collection for a better reward.

Good Luck!

Replies
Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

I for one am glad that Admin has come up with a new way for us to get CPs. I hope that all the future collections will benefit us the same way and I hope that there will never be restrictions on the number of times one can collect CPs and money on any of the collections.

Thanks Admin :-)

Hayden Black
Hayden Black

I personally think it's great that admin has introduced new ways to earn CP. As a newbie, it can be extremely difficult to earn those in showdowns, as you don't have the skills, high standings or equipment to do so.

I have to disagree with Bessie as I think that if you take away the ability to get CP through your agency (even though you may not be able to contribute to TH yet), then newbies would be left with very slim chances of getting CP, and in turn being able to acquire certain things to help you advance your dectective. I like TJ's idea better to leave it up to the agency to deal with its members. If you think someone is not contributing and does not deserve to get CP, then get rid of them.

Joseph Chen
Joseph Chen

I think TJ has a point that if agents don't start or do the step(s) in the TH, they shouldn't get the CP, that way in a 5 steps hunt, if player A starts the hunt and do 3 steps in it, he/she should be getting 4 CPs while the other 2 CPs belongs to other agents that contribute their standings for the TH. Admin just have to tweak the rules of TH into:

"As long as you PARTICIPATE in TH, regardless whether you're starting the TH or doing the step(s), then you will get 1 CP per step." So, you don't have to worry if your agency doesn't win the TH, because as long as you PARTICIPATE, then you will be rewarded. This would properly justify the smail you get when your agency won the TH into something like:

For starting the treasure hunt for ... and contributed ... step(s) in it, you've been rewarded ... challenge point(s) and a further of ... challenge point(s) for each agent(s) in ... agency for completing the treasure hunt. Congratulations.

or

For contributing ... step(s) in it, you've been rewarded ... challenge point(s) and a further of ... challenge point(s) for each agent(s) in ... agency for completing the treasure hunt. Congratulations.

or

For contributing ... step(s) in it, you've been rewarded ... challenge point(s), however no further challenge point(s) were awarded as the treasure get stolen by ... agency. Better luck next time.

Naturally, the agent who didn't participate in the hunt, regardless whether the agency win or didn't win the hunt, the agent will not receive any smail.

There's nothing wrong being a newbie in an agency because I'm sure no one starts to earn CPs since from day one and as for winning showdowns, no one force you to participate in them if you don't feel comfortable in doing them.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Joseph how about fractional CP given for starting and doing favor step. Say .5 (half a CP) If a full CP for starting and every step would really dilute there value even further. Then if and when hunt is completed additional CP (1-3 depending on size of hunt) like the money from hunt would go into the agency safe. To purchase agency items (phone, etc and other new items that may be introduced).

Or better allow CP to become a further commodity like money where it can be given or gifted to other agency members. From safe (by a director or from one agent member to another.)

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

No matter how easy CPs are earned these days, I still have faith they will never be awarded for something not accomplished as it would be the case of a not completed TH.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

yeah look I think the collections aren't meant to be able to collected twice. But I may have misunderstood Ben at the time. I tend to wander, he's quite boring :D

In any event I do think that 3 CP's first time up is fair and reasonable as a first up reward, then reducing that to 2 or 1 for every one after (if they are able to be handed in again) might be more reasonable. Otherwise you might put off kilter the value of CP's in comparison to Showdowns and TH's. Though it's not like completing the collection *for those who don't have the connections* to swap is 'easy', quite the opposite really.

+ There will be quite few more collections, and the stamps are the only collection that have only 3 items. So when you talk about 5 items being collected then a reasonable CP reward isn't err unreasonable!

But yeah if we are talking about balancing TH's / Collections / Showdowns / 'other things', so that the reward for completing is equable (both for those in Agencies and those without), then that is something worth looking at.

And remember Ben is retrofitting new 'stuff' to an old (minimally utilised) currency, and that is always funky. We'll understand better where we are when there are more collections, and when we introduce err 'other stuff'.

Please feel free to enlighten me if i still don't 'get it'.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

ps currencies suck!

Maude Clueless
Maude Clueless

I agree with Hayden. It's pretty difficult to get CPs just from showdowns since if you've got an opponent they tend to be pretty well-skilled players, and you have to be in an agency in the first place to get them from Treasure Hunts. So I think it's good to get them for persistence and patience! (Even though I've only ever got one stamp)

Droid
Droid

I can't see what anyone who doesn't hunt needs with CPs; You can buy rings with them which may be useful to me since my townies float around the 15 standing level due to hunting, but non-hunters must have all the townies at 40+ by now so they don't need gloves or rings, just the occasional bribe.

( I can't actually buy many rings as I don't have any normal townies at 40+ standing.) I did buy a large locker only to find the small one was just as good.

Maude Clueless
Maude Clueless

Hmm..sometimes it's just nice to have the option to buy coats and rings...whether they may come in useful or not!

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help