Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Visitable Agency Headquarters - Coming Jan 14th

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

On Saturday, Jan 14th, (right after midnight server time), we're going to launch an expansion that will make Agency Headquarters visitable locations on the map. Agency members will also be able to purchase furniture and other headquarter perks and decorate their own offices to suit your taste.

* Access Agency features such as the equipment locker and Case files from the convenience of the case page.

* In-game purchases will allow you to decorate your agency meeting room and individual offices to your taste.

* Some special perk furniture will provide game benefits such as expanded personal storage space and your own couch to nap on!

In order to access these features you'll need to be a member of an agency.

Secret Squirrel will also be running a special Sleuth Showdown to mark the event, so keep your eyes open for that.

Happy Sleuthing

Replies
Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

Yes CPs are earned and yes one does benefit by being in an agency that does treasure hunts where you can earn CPs. However, since one treasure hunt earns you 1 CP it will take 15 treasure hunts just to pay off the cheapest cabinet offered (15 CPs). What about the one that costs 220 CPs ? I know, I know, one doesn't have to buy the expensive ones but the fact remains that they are available and very tempting. And during the time that one accumulates these CPs to pay off the office equipment what happens to the much needed rings and coats? Do we do without them regardless of the fact that the game has been set up so that these items are necessary in the high level cases. We don't all have CPs in the three or four hundreds to take this smiling. And about being grateful I don't agree. One shouldn't be 'grateful' for the benefits offered to us on SoM. We are entitled to them as paying customers and they are part of the game.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

WOHWA HOLD ON YOU TWO TIME OUT!!!!!!!

First, I agree with TJ and Lechat the new items are expensive on the challenge point side. Now that being said:

I don't think the items are really going to be totally a waste and I don't believe we have even given Ben a chance before we start complaining about the NEW STUFF we whined and begged for.

TJ is right in a way about people in agencies. People are lucky to be accepted into an agency that is very active in hunts as they don't even have to be there or participate in the hunt to earn the CP whereas in a SD you have to win. As we know with SD sometimes it is skill and sometimes it is just blind luck to win.

Now as for the being grateful thing, SHAME ON BOTH OF YOU :P
People generally are grateful when they are asked to join an agency and if they are not they certainly would not be in PIC.

Just want to point out one little thing though. Rings, coats, and gloves were never available to US paying customers and we did just fine. Just remember, you really DON'T HAVE TO HAVE those items. You could do cases and earn skill points and get the additional skills to eliminate the need for them. JUST PUTTING THAT OUT THERE :D

Let's just wait and see what happens. I can't imagine Ben creating something that none of us would be able to afford to get. Even those of us that have a few hundred CP's laying around it is quite expensive for something that is just going to sit in an office and do absolutely nothing but look nice. Although, my office floor still has a burn mark on it from 3 years ago that Droid owes me new carpet for :D Thought you would never have to fix that didn't you Droid?

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

Whoa there Mercey, lol. When I said not having to be grateful pertained only to the benefits acquired by being a subbed player. I don't feel as if being accepted in an agency is something one must or should be 'grateful' for. That sounds like the result of having begged to be accepted. I am glad to be in PIC and I do my fair share to be a valued member but I don't believe the word grateful is appropriate here.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

EXACTLY MY POINT to TJ. I didn't mean that one should be. What I meant is that a person in an agency should DO THEIR FAIR SHARE and respect their fellow agents. Which has never been an issue.

Ok all done with this subject.

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

^^ lol, ditto :-)

Droid
Droid

So long as there are enough lava lamps to drink fromthere isn't a problem.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

*Maybe* there's some other ways to earn CPs besides doing THs and SDs. *Wink* ^_^

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

1) Although things like floor and wall patterns are just for vanity's sake, the furniture all has real value.

In particular, we are planning on soon introducing a new feature that will make the personal locker space quite compelling for some people.

2) There are many people who have been in active agencies for a long time who have hundreds of unspent challenge points. So there do need to be some very expensive items for them to aspire to.

3) Furniture and decorations in the common Agency Meeting Room are paid for by pooling your Challenge Points in the agency safe, so high prices on those items is more reasonable.

4) Don't consider the prices in the screenshots final. Some may be coming down, although (as I said), I do want to keep the high end items very expensive.

5) We're going to be introducing more items going forward we'll take what we learn from how the first batch prices work out into consideration for those later items.

5) Although anybody who is a member of an agency (i.e. lapsed subscribers) will be allowed to make use of their Agency Headquarters, only active subscribers will be able to edit/decorate. Lapsed subscribers will be allowed to contribute to the communal CP pool for Meeting Room purchases however.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Err, there is only one #5.

Nothing to see here.

Move along.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

LMAO I think you have been hanging around with SS too long :P Just kidding.

I knew there was a method to your madness so like everything else we will sit and wait, play and manipulate, and bitch and complain :D that is how this all works. SoM 101

Thanks Ben. Hope the family is doing well.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help