Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Apple Peeler

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

I have been trying, on and off, to use the Apple Peeler as a lock picking bonus but it doesn't work. Does anyone with this item have the same problem? It really bugs me because that means I have to sometimes buy a key and they are very expensive. Thanks.

Replies
develin
develin

Hi, I just looked at your detective site, and I think the problem is that you only have it in your inventory and aren't wearing it.
Hope this helps. :)

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

lol, actually it is in my inventory right now but the problem is it doesn't work when I wear it. Thanks Develin.

Droid
Droid

It's not in the equipped area of your inventory, not sure if suddenly moving it there when you're standing in front of the locked door works.

Droid
Droid

Works for me. Just tested with int case, picked some locks to get rid of my 4 lockpick skills and went to 5th suspect and only had option to use skeleton key. Went back to map and put apple peeler on and back to house and had option to pick lock.

Mind you don't wear it all the time though, it's a bugger if you forget you've got it on and pick your nose.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Have had no issues when Needed to use the extra lock picking either.

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

Thanks for your input everyone. Droid, you crack me up, lol. I'm always prudent when I wear the apple peeler, it's a very dangerous tool ;-)

I have found out that the reason it doesn't work for me is that you can only have 3 extra lock pickings per case. Since I use those 3 up with my gloves and ring the apple peeler won't work. Thanks for the info Bessie :-)

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

Hehe, update. Seems I misunderstood. There is no limit to the extras you can have but since you can only wear two items at a time (in my case , gloves and ring) then you are limited to 3 extras. So my problem isn't solved. If I wear my gloves and ring for three extras then exchange my ring or gloves for the peeler why don't I get the peeler's extra?? I am very confused, lol.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

You have it correct. But if you take off the ring or glove, of course you will not get the 1 extra from peeler. The peeler only gives 1 like the glove. Ring + Glove =3 extra, Ring+ Peeler=3 extra. You cant get the extra from peeler if you already used its extra 1 using fist the glove and ring. Try using the peeler with ring.

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

Yes I have tried using the peeler with the ring and the peeler works. You are correct TJ. I can't get the extra from the peeler once I have used the glove. It's sort of like trying to use two different pairs of gloves of the same skill twice. The second glove won't work. It's a shame since the items are different but that's how the game was programmed :-(

Thanks TJ.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

I had same issue with Necro and TJ explained what I was doing wrong. You have to have your equipment on when you need it and keep it on until you are done. Not sure if that makes sense but it does work.

You have to have same items on at same time and use at same time.

Hope this helps and try it, it does work.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help