Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Feeling frustrated

Imogen Griffith-Rhys
Imogen Griffith-Rhys

This might be kind of a n00b post seeing as my detective is only 39 days old but dang I've become so frustrated that I am not playing as much as I had been in the past.
Doing VVH and especially IH cases I end up losing money on cases because I have to bribe all the townies to talk and sometimes I have to use charm/intimidation on townies I have standing with. (which really pisses me off)
I know there are much higher cases than IH, I know there are SH and EH and Almost Impossible but how am I to get to those cases when I an using all my Charm and Intimidation and money on IH cases and still lose money?
I've been kind of addicted to this game but my frustration has made me move to do more reading than playing.
Any clues or help on getting past this frustration would be greatly appreciated.

Replies
Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

my somewhat unpalatable answer is do less difficult cases. Whilst this slows your progression in terms of XP, it puts you in a place where you have more money and gifts at the end of the day. Build up a bank, then progress. Most people don't play all their cases, just til the favours sun out. If you are one of these then you'll just be doing a half a dozen extra cases to make up the XP you lost from stepping back a bit.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

There are many ways to work around to minimize reward loss, but you will still get the case where you lose money. 1) do an occasional lower case hard to vh. 2) only get alibi and lead from suspects at first. Use whereabouts townies for location (RN, FC, Bartender) or a research if you can.3) use manips (charm,int) on townies you dont currently have standings.

In case where several suspects use one townie for alibi can assume they are fake (until you need to check later) When matching PE match first known fake alibis before unknowns. Always double check a suspect to be sure they have fake alibi and 3 stars before you accuse.

Now for getting standings up to get the free question at 15 work 5-6 at a time get then above 22 then work on another 5-6 set.

This will take some time but in teh long run cases will become more profitable stick with it,

Belami
Belami

imogen, i agree that you should do easier cases just to be sure to build your money and points up. then you can train up in skills like charm, intimidation and negotiation. eventually you will have a bit more breathing room and things will go more smoothly. good luck!

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help