Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Questions about Negotiation/False Accusations

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi Ben/John,

May I know:

1) Does Negotiation really reduce the price of FA?

2) Does Fixer's standings has anything to do with reducing the price of FA?

If it's possible, I would like to know by PM, how does your system calculate the price of FA. Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Joseph

Replies
TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

well negotiation would I would think as everyone posts and tells others, but if standings help or do reduce cost. I am sure there is a cap.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

This is so obviously a Ben question :D

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

So Ben, are you here? The reason I asked question 1 is because when I wear the Negotiation ring and glove, I'll suppose to get another 30 percent off my FA price, but it didn't and the reason I asked question 2 is that no matter whether I raised Fixer's standings by 3 or 10 or even more, my FA price just keep on increasing and the last time when I told you about it, you said:

You should run the numbers on prices for people all the way up the experience ladder.

So I was wondering if you're still working on it or you've forgotten about it. Please reply.

Thanks Ben.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Ben?

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Joseph the fixer gives break based on standings ( my opinion and what I have noticed) not 100\% on negation level. Like negation when you reach a certain standing level it is capped (guessing 60\%) so if you have standing over 60 you maxed it out I believe. But would still be nice to know for sure.

Droid
Droid

Oooh, quarter of a million short of paying off the FAs, I see the reason for the question now. Peraps you could auction Pasteur's coat, highest bidder invites you to their agency temprorarily, sends you money and you put coat in their locker.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

lol. I spent at least 2 yrs on 2 FA's on Noir. It was scary.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi Ben,

I just want to know the actual equation in FA cost calculation. Even with Negotiation skill, I supposed I can opted for either:

a) Have Negotiation level 3 + a ring + gloves, giving me 60 percent off, but then it doesn't count mine as 60 percent off. or

b) Negotiation level 6, to confirm whether the additional skills will add extra discount to my FA price, which also proves that equipments doesn't give any changes to the FA price.

@TJ: Yes, I also want to know for sure, rather than just keep on increasing the Fixer's standings.

@Droid: Your FA price was half a million? My Pasteur's Coat only costs $37,045 right now, so it doesn't do much.

@SS: When I first got the first FA, it was around $1.50M and I had $600K in hand and now it costs, $1.68M and I have $1.42M in hand, I think that's quite long, but I never knew you're holding yours for 2 years.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I would think that with 155 standings you have with fixer you reached the cap to reduce FA cost with her. I believe mine stopped after 60 standings and No extra negation level helped so I finally decided to pay that last one off (just before reaching 5 mill exp) I carried for almost a yr. After I earned over 4 times needed. Cost was roughly 350,000 with my exp. just before getting to 5mill so I think your cost are in line with your exp level. and fixer standings and cap you can earn to reduce cost.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Thanks TJ. I guess I have to stop doing favors for Fixer.

But I still have a question to ask, here's the information I have:

1) I have Negotiation level 3 (30 percent off)
2) I have Fixer's standings 155 (assuming the standings after 60 doesn't count) & bonus given after having 30 standings with Fixer) = 60 - 30 = 30 percent off
3) My xp now is 24,793,820

Is the formula:

Cost of FA
= (10 percent of my xp)
= 2,479,382

and the price I need to pay now is $1,683,098. So, the price reduced = 2,479,382 - 1,683,098 = $796,284 & that means:

796284/2479382 = 0.321 percent off

That would give me a conclusion that Fixer's standings doesn't reduce the FA cost, instead if I want to lower down my FA cost, I still can raise my Negotiation skills.

Can you help me to work out the formula, TJ? Thanks in advance.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help