Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

System Slow?

Elle QC
Elle QC

Is anyone else finding the game incredibly slow today? I know that a good number of people are logged in but have seen more than this before and it hasn't slowed down the game like today.

Rooms are taking ages to load (a full 5 mins in one case) and after clicking on anything e.g. whereabouts, alibi etc, the screen is blank forever before it moves on. I got so frustrated a little while ago that I tried to shake the computer screen (deeply sad I know!). Instead I ended up getting myself an FA. And all through frustration that it took me half-an-hour to get through a case (grrrr). I need to calm down.

But is anyone else having similar problems today?

Replies
Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

I have the same problem Kristalle. I was logged out three times and had problems logging back in.

Kristalle
Kristalle

Thank you Detective Lechat - comforting to know it's not just me!

My pc speed is 'excellent', nothing in my set-up has changed but when I tried a case earlier today it was as slow as ever. And I continue to be disconnected every few minutes. As an avid showdowner it is very frustrating - impossible to take part now. And just when a special is coming up too :(

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

I'm sure the problem will be fixed by then and you can do showdowns to your heart's content :-)

Kristalle
Kristalle

Lol Lechat! Just one a day would be nice.......

Elle QC
Elle QC

And if it's any further consolation I am right back to square one. A very temperamental connection - it goes at normal speed when searching in houses (but can take a while to load) and moving between districts, but any 'page change' takes forever. I had one day of it being back to normal (almost) and then it reverted. It has taken me over 40 minutes to get through quite a straightforward case just waiting for pages to load. I know it can't be the server/database as that would affect everyone (wouldn't it). Like you Kristalle I have a fast speed connection and I also clear cache before playing. Sorry I know there's nothing anyone can do, just having a little rant to let off steam!

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

It may not be the game server but your routing through other servers (your main host server). May want to see if they are doing update or upgrades.

Elle QC
Elle QC

Thanks TJ i will look into that.

MirrorMirror
MirrorMirror

I have been having a problem every time I try to change rings using the pop up box for equipment. The screen freezes, I have to close window and log in again. Happened during sd last time, most annoying.

Kristalle
Kristalle

Well after about 10 days of things being back to normal I'm having problems again. Today it is like stop-frame animation when trying to search apartments, very jerky and very slow. Also some of the typography looks wierd - as if a diiferent font is being used at times. Plus I'm seeing the inventory boxes a bit oddly: the bottom left box is 'chopped off' and set apart from the others. Bizarre (lol)! Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing similar things?

And is it possible that there is work being done on the database - and that might be disrupting things?

Elle QC
Elle QC

Things still aren't too clever for me either. Haven't played much for last few days and came back thinking it might be different...nope.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help