Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

System Slow?

Elle QC
Elle QC

Is anyone else finding the game incredibly slow today? I know that a good number of people are logged in but have seen more than this before and it hasn't slowed down the game like today.

Rooms are taking ages to load (a full 5 mins in one case) and after clicking on anything e.g. whereabouts, alibi etc, the screen is blank forever before it moves on. I got so frustrated a little while ago that I tried to shake the computer screen (deeply sad I know!). Instead I ended up getting myself an FA. And all through frustration that it took me half-an-hour to get through a case (grrrr). I need to calm down.

But is anyone else having similar problems today?

Replies
Fletchi
Fletchi

its fine for me try to clear your browser cache

Elle QC
Elle QC

That was the very first thing I did. No change. I will just wait until tomorrow and see if things are any better.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

pedal faster!

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

seems like there is still showdown trouble? my goodness SS

Shorty Svendsen
Shorty Svendsen

Working fine for me, not slow at all actually. it was slow for me last week, but worked fine after disckfragmenting my comp.

Elle QC
Elle QC

Lol Squirrel. Great advice and it seems to have done the trick! Much better today but it took a team of 8 people pedalling on 4 tandems to keep the server working at a decent speed. It's too much, we can't keep this up forever.

Kristalle
Kristalle

Well I'm having a similar problem today. Although I've had slow days before nothing like this. Just played a showdown where every click of my mouse seemed to cause a frozen screen and I also got logged out several times. Definitely not my browser cache and I can use other internet websites just fine. Also logged in and played a case on Noir - everything fine. So it is just here on Shades that there is problem. What could it be?

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

I have the same problem Kristalle. I was logged out three times and had problems logging back in.

Kristalle
Kristalle

Thank you Detective Lechat - comforting to know it's not just me!

My pc speed is 'excellent', nothing in my set-up has changed but when I tried a case earlier today it was as slow as ever. And I continue to be disconnected every few minutes. As an avid showdowner it is very frustrating - impossible to take part now. And just when a special is coming up too :(

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

I'm sure the problem will be fixed by then and you can do showdowns to your heart's content :-)

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help