Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Ben our Master

Carpathia
Carpathia

Just thinking: what does Ben do when there are no problems - is he dreaming up new scenarios, improving basic techniques, ie suggestions for improvements on the basic Sleuth (which I haven't noticed being implemented or corrected), or just taking it easy and watching the dosh rolling in :) NOT

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Carpathia:

Yes, Ben is real person. Many players from Noir and SoM can confirm that, especially Noir players, because there were a few occasions where they had a real life meeting with players.

Elle QC
Elle QC

Re: using volunteers. I, for one, would not like this. It would cetinainly put me off ever subscribing to the game. It is one thing to contact a specific person (e.e. Sleuth Admin/Boards Mod) about a case or other problem, but just to have another detective - who has 'volunteered' themselves - peek into your case and nosey around, no thanks! I think it would actually lead to more complaints and hassle for the game administrators :)

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

and yes he does exist i have personally spoke with him on the phone. he is probably really busy, and i hope he is alright , and nothing has happened to him. ben please come back, as there are still some issues with the smail and in game chat thanks

Fletchi
Fletchi

ben also has other projects he works on too, http://shades.playsleuth.com/community/boards/post.spy?id=6129

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

@ Carpathia - I prefer to think of Ben more as a sock puppet.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Would have to agree with SS on the Bug issue problem (esp regarding cases) Most of it is a case of not finding PE or Yellow Notes. To many have relied on using the TAB key, to find everything for them.

If you tab to fast you may not see everything Highlighted and some cases it may not highlight at. (which is good wish more would not highlight)

If I dont have what I did to solve a case I have come to realize I missed something not that there is a bug. I usually go back and find what I have missed carefully looking.

Most current bugs or problems have to do when NEW things are added to game.

Carpathia
Carpathia

Heh, S_S - you mean, a puppet you'd like to sock :)

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Also agree that it is usually YOU that have missed something.

Oh the beauty of being subbed and belonging to an agency. That way you have a friend "nosey around" and call you a dummy than just "another detective" :D

Skye Sailor
Skye Sailor

I reported a bug (or what seemed to be) about 5 days ago - but via smail rather than the 'report a bug' link. No-one has got back to me since. Is it normal to wait this long (or longer)? I would be happy even if they were just responding to say that it was my mistake and not a 'bug'. But until they do I won't know and that can make for a nervous player.....

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

@ Skye Sailor. I saw that copy. That's Ben deal. I can't look at cases that have been played, only ones that are held in storage. Less people tinkering with the Databases innards the better.

Honestly, Ben might take a fair while to get back to you.

If many past examples and my experience are anything to go on, I honestly believe it is impossible for the game engine to throw up anything that does not = 'real / confirmed alibi = innocent'.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help