Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Ben our Master

Carpathia
Carpathia

Just thinking: what does Ben do when there are no problems - is he dreaming up new scenarios, improving basic techniques, ie suggestions for improvements on the basic Sleuth (which I haven't noticed being implemented or corrected), or just taking it easy and watching the dosh rolling in :) NOT

Replies
Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

oh c'mon, let me say it, "very little, sameas what he does when there ARE problems." :D

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

casper has decided to take a break

MirrorMirror
MirrorMirror

Well. have to say, much as I love the game, I do feel disappointed that no one other than Johnno replies to my smails when there is a problem or bug! Perhaps you need to take more personnel on Ben !

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Heh whilst we're talking about 'bugs'. I have had the occasion to check about 5 or was it 6 cases over the last two weeks of people who were good enough to store their case file for me so that I could see how broken it was. On three occasions, multiple people had looked through the case and agreed with the original case-holder's verdict "this is case is broken". In all cases (erk)... in all instances, everyone had just missed a piece of evidence. Whether this was a secret compartment, or a red bloody handprint on a brown wall or, or a note placed particularly high on the wall. Fortunately most of the bugs that people have problems with, aren't really bugs :)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@SS:

Maybe you can set up a team of volunteer who can help you in looking at those "bug" cases. So far we have:

Admin
Boards Mod

Adding in 2 - 3 more different tasks category would be nice. ^_^

Carpathia
Carpathia

Does Ben even exist? Or is he all smoke and mirrors as in 'Wizard of Oz', with Secret Squirrel, Joseph and Droid pulling his strings? Detectives should investigate what's behind the curtain.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Carpathia:

Yes, Ben is real person. Many players from Noir and SoM can confirm that, especially Noir players, because there were a few occasions where they had a real life meeting with players.

Elle QC
Elle QC

Re: using volunteers. I, for one, would not like this. It would cetinainly put me off ever subscribing to the game. It is one thing to contact a specific person (e.e. Sleuth Admin/Boards Mod) about a case or other problem, but just to have another detective - who has 'volunteered' themselves - peek into your case and nosey around, no thanks! I think it would actually lead to more complaints and hassle for the game administrators :)

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

and yes he does exist i have personally spoke with him on the phone. he is probably really busy, and i hope he is alright , and nothing has happened to him. ben please come back, as there are still some issues with the smail and in game chat thanks

Fletchi
Fletchi

ben also has other projects he works on too, http://shades.playsleuth.com/community/boards/post.spy?id=6129

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help