Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Explaination on skill bonuses

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi All,

In case anyone here is confused with the system's calculation on skill bonuses, here I share with you all how the calculation works:

An example of myself (Basic skills of 6 charm/6 intimidation)

Before the rules of "Cannot wear 2 of the same equipment)
1) Wear 2 charm gloves (+2), it gives me 8 charm/6 int and when I took off both gloves after using and wear 2 int gloves (+2), it gives me 6 charm/8 int for a total of 8 charm/8 int.
2) Wear 2 charm rings (+4), it gives him me charm/6 int and when I took off both rings after using and wear 2 int rings (+4), it gives me 6 charm/10 int for a total of 10 charm/10 int.

but after the rules of "cannot wear 2 of the same type of equipment", it becomes:

1) Wear 2 charm gloves (+1), it gives me 7 charm/6 int and when I took off both gloves after using and wear 2 int gloves (+1), it gives me 6 charm/7 int for a total of 7 charm/7 int.
2) Wear 2 charm rings (+2), it gives me 8 charm/6 int and when I took off both rings after using and wear 2 int rings (+2), it gives me 6 charm/8 int for a total of 8 charm/8 int.

so, the only way to get the most out of this rule, is to:

Wear 1 charm glove (+1) and 1 charm ring (+2), it gives me 9 charm/6 int and when I took off both glove and ring after using and wear 1 int glove (+1) and 1 int ring (+2), it gives me 6 charm/9 int for a total of 9 charm/9 int.

The system shouldn't stack the skills just because a player wear the accessory, took it off and then wear another accessory of the same type (which gives bonus skill of the same type) and just because a prize gear and an accessory or coat giving the same bonus skills, it shouldn't prevent the system to give bonus skills for both because:

Prize gear IS NOT = Coat IS NOT = Accessory (That gives same skill bonus)

Hope this help clear confusions. ^_^

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Seamoss:
You can use different gloves in the same case, as long as you have spaces in your inventory to swap between them. What it means that you can't use 2 of the same type of gear that gives the same skill, meaning:

Glove (lockpick) + Glove (JOC) = Okay
Glove (lockpick) + Ring (Lockpick) = Okay
Glove (lockpick) + Glove (lockpick) = Not Allowed
Ring (lockpick) + Ring (lockpick) = Not Allowed

Hope this helps ^_^

Regards,
Joseph

Seamoss
Seamoss

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Regards,
Seamoss