Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Explaination on skill bonuses

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi All,

In case anyone here is confused with the system's calculation on skill bonuses, here I share with you all how the calculation works:

An example of myself (Basic skills of 6 charm/6 intimidation)

Before the rules of "Cannot wear 2 of the same equipment)
1) Wear 2 charm gloves (+2), it gives me 8 charm/6 int and when I took off both gloves after using and wear 2 int gloves (+2), it gives me 6 charm/8 int for a total of 8 charm/8 int.
2) Wear 2 charm rings (+4), it gives him me charm/6 int and when I took off both rings after using and wear 2 int rings (+4), it gives me 6 charm/10 int for a total of 10 charm/10 int.

but after the rules of "cannot wear 2 of the same type of equipment", it becomes:

1) Wear 2 charm gloves (+1), it gives me 7 charm/6 int and when I took off both gloves after using and wear 2 int gloves (+1), it gives me 6 charm/7 int for a total of 7 charm/7 int.
2) Wear 2 charm rings (+2), it gives me 8 charm/6 int and when I took off both rings after using and wear 2 int rings (+2), it gives me 6 charm/8 int for a total of 8 charm/8 int.

so, the only way to get the most out of this rule, is to:

Wear 1 charm glove (+1) and 1 charm ring (+2), it gives me 9 charm/6 int and when I took off both glove and ring after using and wear 1 int glove (+1) and 1 int ring (+2), it gives me 6 charm/9 int for a total of 9 charm/9 int.

The system shouldn't stack the skills just because a player wear the accessory, took it off and then wear another accessory of the same type (which gives bonus skill of the same type) and just because a prize gear and an accessory or coat giving the same bonus skills, it shouldn't prevent the system to give bonus skills for both because:

Prize gear IS NOT = Coat IS NOT = Accessory (That gives same skill bonus)

Hope this help clear confusions. ^_^

Replies
kathat
kathat

We should be able to use what we buy one time on every case.
For instance- if I buy every color of glove I should be able to get (1) use from each on ONE case.

I do not think the gloves or rings should be available for multiple uses on a single case.
I thought that was the purpose of having/offering gloves and rings for purchase so we could buy advantages that it would take until the next century to acquire with accumulated skill points.

Currently my Red Gloves do not work on any suspects. After a LONG wait and multiple requests to Admin and Bug Reports I have learned that, as far as can tell, I am only able to use (2) gloves per case, (1) of each color. I thought we could only wear two gloves at one time, not have the use limited.

If my theory is incorrect I would really like to be corrected and I would like to know why the Red Gloves do not work even one time on any of my cases.

Thanks in advance- K

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

I believe Ben is in the process of coming up with the appropriate words to explain this. Expect this to happen sometime between a SHORT time and a LONG time.

Seamoss
Seamoss

Hi,
The explanation might be somewhere but I haven't found it! I bought different color gloves for extra analysis (eg. hair or writing) but I cannot use them! Is it because of that "no more than 2 gloves uses/case" rule? For example, if I use the aqua glove for judge of character + brown glove for lockpicking, I cannot use other gloves for analysis then? Thanks!

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Seamoss:
You can use different gloves in the same case, as long as you have spaces in your inventory to swap between them. What it means that you can't use 2 of the same type of gear that gives the same skill, meaning:

Glove (lockpick) + Glove (JOC) = Okay
Glove (lockpick) + Ring (Lockpick) = Okay
Glove (lockpick) + Glove (lockpick) = Not Allowed
Ring (lockpick) + Ring (lockpick) = Not Allowed

Hope this helps ^_^

Regards,
Joseph

Seamoss
Seamoss

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Regards,
Seamoss