Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Changes to Inventory and Items

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

I made some changes today to the way items and inventories work. Hopefully the changes are pretty intuitive. Here are some highlights:

* Coats and Accessories can now be held in inventory, so you can hold items you aren't currently using.

* Personal inventory space has been expanded from 8 slots to 12. Coats take up 2 slots, everything else takes 1.

* In order to equip/unequip coats and accessories, use your mouse to drag items back and forth from inventory. You can do this on either your detective page in the gear dropdown toolbox on the Case page. I tested this on a few different browser configurations, but let me know if you find a bug on the drag and drop system.

* Here's a big one: Items are now degraded on a per-use basis instead of per-case. Only your equipped items should degrade, so you don't need to worry about items in your inventory falling apart.

* Items no longer degrade when you store them in an agency locker.

Please leave any feedback regarding this new system on this thread.

Making these changes is going to allow us to offer much more diverse items (for instance, we can now do coats and accessories as favor prizes), and this was also an important first step to making container objects, so we can now start working on visitable agency headquarters, and (eventually) private apartments.

Have Fun!

Replies
Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

I love the changes Ben but it seems to create havoc in the agency locker, lol. There should be 22 items in my agency locker but shows a count of 33. I think that the program is adding my 11 items to the agency inventory. Is anyone else having this problem?

TLee
TLee

So excited about these changes!

Great Job! Thanks!

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Le Chat I think that is do to now Coats count as 2 spaces. shownas a large item. Mine agency lockers had added spaces until I moved Coats around. Checking out the personal inventory and drag and drop.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

My not mine

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Should self correct ones coats and other large inventory items get moved around.

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

You're right TJ. It's because of the coats. Thanks :-)

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Reply deleted by Moderator.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Le Chat,

TJ is right, the coats count as 2 items in the locker. This will make more sense once we have a similar drag and drop system for moving items in and out of lockers.

You may be temporarily out of space in your locker, in which case you could pull more items into personal inventories, although that might be a bit of a headache.

In light of this, we could increase locker sizes across the board. However, if we do, I think I'd only want to bump things up by at most 50\%. You could potentially need up to 100\% to accommodate current items, if your locker is full of coats. If that is the case, you'll need to coordinate with members to get stuff moved into personal inventory, and possibly sell off a couple of things.

I don't want to jump to make a change to locker size changes though.

1) If we tweak locker sizes, I only want to do it once, so let's make sure we decide on a fair adjustment.

2) In the next couple months, I want to have some kind of visitable headquarters working. That would include multiple containers per agency (i.e., one small personal container for each agent plus one or more shared container). At that time we'll need to move things around again, so keep that in mind.

Droid
Droid

Bit of a problem dragging and dropping, that is if you mean with the 'gear' icon at the top of the case window. I just got a coat out of the locker to test, started a case and the coat doesn't show. Also if you have two accounts and log out of one and into the other the 'gear' icon shows the equipment for the wrong account.

Marco Roshinski
Marco Roshinski

This is awesome. Thank you. I noticed that the item storage slots visible on my detective page is 12 and the slots it says when at my agency's locker says 16.

MR.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help