Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

SoM Agency Showdown Treasure Hunt

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Every year on my birthday we do a special TH. Well, thanks to Ivory Fox, this year is going to be even more special. PIC and Ivory Fox will have a coordinated, friendly, Show Down Treasure Hunt.

Both agencies would like to invite every and all agencies to join this hunt in honor of the festive occasion.

The hunt will take place on Saturday, February 5th at 10 AM server time.

There is no way of knowing at this point what hunts will be available on that day so that will be announced the morning of the hunt prior to start time. But I can tell you that it will be the longest hunt available.

Our intent, other than celebrating my birthday ;) is to open up another avenue for agencies to get involved in all aspects of the game. If younger agencies would like to coordinate show down hunts with another agency of similar standing then go for it. If this is taking place than the older, stronger agencies will not interfer if announced on boards that this will take place. That being fair.

Here are a few guide lines we have set for this hunt and we welcome any others that others might want to mention.

1. Agree on date and time that works best for both agencies.
2. Agree on what size hunt you feel comfortable opening but keep in mind you never know what is available.
3. All agencies that agree to join coordinated hunt must have thier agents in place the day of the hunt and they must stay put. Meaning, if there is anyone out there that has more than one agency, pick and choose the night before and have your set agents at the ready.
4. Have fun and remember this is just a game and we are trying to make it as fun as we can with friendly challenge.

BTW I mentioned that older, stronger agencies would not interfere. Well, I can't promese that to you, I am just asking those agencies to help us in this and let everyone out there experience the fun we have doing treasure hunts.

Replies
Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

Congrats Ivory Fox. Well done :-)

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Ok this is the bump for coordinated hunts

Jayneromina
Jayneromina

Is it going to be on Mothering Sunday again? If so,. it is this coming Sunday!

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Does not have to be on such an important day for the UK. I am sorry but Your Mothering Day and ours is two different days.

I said lets work this out so all is fair. PIC too has players from the UK so never would do that. I also know that since we are in two different time zones that plays into it.

I think that we should choose a day and time that is fair for all. So, you speak to your agency and I will speak to mine and then we can settle through pm's like we did before.

Any other agency out there that would like to participate can post here and you will be filled in on negotiations.

Jayneromina
Jayneromina

Going to have to speak to other team members, will get back asap

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Since we are on this note, I have also offered up the suggestion that smaller agencies can also do the same as we are.

Smaller agencies can coordinate a friendly TH challenge and we larger agencies will not only leave you alone but commend you for your efforts and offer any help (aside from agents going to your agency) that you need.

Th's are a valuable part of SoM and should be an option for all.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Good to see the possibility of some organized SD style TH coming back.

Just hope others don't think it will take the place of challenging hunts as before.

Droid
Droid

This week and next week (until 25th March) are special, USA clocks have sprung forwards by an hour but nobody elses have so effectively the Atlantic has shrunk and USA is closer to Europe.

Assuming most players are on one or other of those two continents since SoM is a primarily English speaking site that means more than ever players could be online at the same time.

Therefore Europe afternoon / America morning and Europe evening / America afternoon are prime time. I propose the coming Saturday after lunch in Europe.

Jayneromina
Jayneromina

I am very happy to encourage the smaller agencies to fo hunts, and of course ID and RD will leave them alone, I assume that TJs' agency is not classed as a small agency

Jayneromina
Jayneromina

I will contact agency members about proposed hunt for Saturday. after lunch? What time, sleuth time ?

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help