Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

IH case: the only suspect died

natasha bale
natasha bale

hi ! in my IH case, I can't find any clue for other suspect and the client lead me no one. in my third visit to the client, she DIED!! I've searched her house and still cannot find any other suspects. What can I do except simply quit the case?

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

You can re-check the crime scene and all the suspects' houses for one last time, tabbing through each rooms properly, to see if you missed any yellow note and be sure to keep your eyes peeled when you open drawers in case you missed a hidden compartment. Another thing you might missed, could be a trap door on the floor and the piano bench. Good Luck.

TLee
TLee

Hey Natasha,

Once in this situation, I went back and took all the coats even though I did not need cloth samples and found a yellow note behind one of them...

Good luck!

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Why it is good practice to collect everything in a suspects house. For this instance to remove or in case you missed some PE at CS. Now you have to go back to suspects homes and collect.

I know many disagree with this. Thinking it is a waste of precious seconds. But those seconds are the difference in not hitting deadline or worse trying to take a chance thinking you got everything and accusing with less then 3 stars and getting an FA because you thought "Well no one else it can be" the so called process of elimination.

natasha bale
natasha bale

thank you all for your advices!
i did all the tabbing and took everything but i've never thought that there'll be hidden panel in the empty drawer!
now i can find a signed note!
thanks very much

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help