Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Chat Box Pop Up

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Ok this as been a concern and complaint for a long while and it really needs to be addressed. On several occasions it as happen to me while doing a SD. The last time (today) I got several in the same SD . So yes it was very distracting when you are competing in case.

Why can't we have the option to do something about it. I mean when your in a case and click on associates. It is all ready broken down into 4 category's. Friends, Agency, Ignores and Online.

The simplest solution is to add in that area 3 check box options
1 Allow All, 2 Allow only Friends and Agency 3 Allow None.

I am sure I am not the only one who would enjoy this. Instead of saying well you can do this or do that. How about give US the choice or make it a added feature for being subscribed. I mean serious I don't pay to play to be annoyed like. Yes I could keep continuously keep putting people on ignore but WHY SHOULD I HAVE TOO when I am not the one abusing the use of this feature.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi TJ and Mercey and to all others that i've initiated chat before on any occasions whether It has annoyed you or not, i'm so guilty of being a talkative person in chat and smail. If anyone here who had never got a chat or smail from me, that would be weird. :P

Yeah, I agree too, an option to accept all, block certain or block all.

MirrorMirror
MirrorMirror

I have had the experience TJ and Merciless speak of, and it does seem to happen at the most inopportune moments. If you are doing a showdown, and are on a time limit, it must be very annoying, and could lose you the showdown. For myself, it invariably occurs when on a hunt, and while I am happy to help 'newbies', I am not happy to just 'chat' about anything but the game! I think the option to switch the 'pop-up' chat facility is an excellent idea!

MirrorMirror
MirrorMirror

Sorry, meant to say switch off 'pop-up' chat facility!

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

LOL Joseph. I don't think I have ever had your face pop up in mine while doing a case but I will be on the look out for you now :)

TLee
TLee

Had one pop-up and tell me I was pretty the other day! I was so flattered I could not be upset... lol. I don't get a lot of pop-ups but I do find them annoying - don't mind an innocent and nice request for help. But had one today that asked me where to find a gun and when I did not answer right away (I was away from the computer) gave me a "heeeeeelllllllllllllllloooooooooooooo!!!"

Happy New Year!

Mrs. Jada
Mrs. Jada

I agree, TJ and Mercey Less... I would like to get rid of the pop up chat completely! Don't think it adds anything to the game - and it's annoying too!

When you like to talk to someone, use smail...

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I don't think it should go away completely, but end user control it what is really needed. It is a useful tool for those that are subscribed and in an agency.

Mrs. Jada
Mrs. Jada

Please don't think I dislike chatting.. I find it quite amusing p.e. in the SD chatroom.. but not during cases..

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Yes Mrs. Jada, there are appropriate places to chat and it is quite amuzing when we all get together and do so :) There are some real characters on SoM :)

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

I hear ya. I like TJ's suggestion of how to handle this. We'll work on getting it prioritized.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help