Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

What does "Hearsay" means and ...

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi All,

I've been noticing about the proofs I get for the killers and I was wondering if anyone here knows what does "Hearsay" means? This is how it appears in my case file tab:

Seen Leaving Scene (Hearsay) Testimony: Yvonne Leatherman

and a second question:

Does anyone else noticed why does the suspect's avatar changes before and after they died?

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi All,

I've been noticing about the proofs I get for the killers and I was wondering if anyone here knows what does "Hearsay" means? This is how it appears in my case file tab:

Seen Leaving Scene (Hearsay) Testimony: Yvonne Leatherman

and a second question:

Does anyone else noticed why does the suspect's avatar changes before and after they died?

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Hi Joseph,

My English is very poor and I often run into words I don't understand. When that is the case I use a dictionary. You can find plenty of dictionaries online if you don't have one on your desk.

Here is what I managed to find on "hearsay" in about 10 seconds (typind included):
1. Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.
2. Law Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.
gossip; rumour
gossip (usually a mixture of truth and untruth) passed around by word of mouth
hearsay evidence - evidence based on what someone has told the witness and not of direct knowledge

Of course, you can use your research skills to search further or even get a translation in your native language if you want.

However, I don't see why would you bother yourself with this. For now, any star you get is as good as other and it doesn't matter how you get it. We'll see what comes in future, but it seems to me that being what it is makes it a circumstantial evidence worthing only 1 star.

Now, about the avatar change... that is only natural, isn't it?
After a suspect dies, you can not see his/her avatar anymore. But IF you have necromancy skills you can see the spirit's avatar, which, obviously, is a different one.

On a different note, I think it would be very good for you and your agency to get involved in THs and SDs, as you said in a post above. Perhaps if you start acting like a man you'll scare the enemies away. On the other hand, pretending you're a newbie? How is this going to help and who is going to buy it?

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Oh, and hi Red!

So you think you found a shortcut and want it tested? Why don't you go ahead and test it, then? I don't know what you mean by senior sleuths, but I guess you're talking about those who are playing for 2 or 3 years. Anyway, I think the game was made for every player to play it, not wait for others to play in their place.

However, even if it seems to be working, keep this as a reference, Ben's words:

"Noticing things like that and taking advantage of them is part of the game. However, we do not necessarily have to announce that we are going to change those kind of details before we do, so you are always taking a chance of getting an False Accusation if you rely on any method other than 3Stars + Alibi".

Really Red
Really Red

Hi Lu, hope you are fine... Bro you'll understand what I meant by senior sleuths when you'll read my first post here along with the replies of some senior sleuths....... By using the term "senior sleuth" I intended not to enter into any argument personally or one to one but at the same time answering the people who were having doubts over what I meant in my first post...Bro I think you have just read my post and nothing else after that otherwise you wouldn't have asked me what I meant by senior sleuths as it was just to give answers.
As far as your suggestion about testing the short-cut is concerned --- Yes I am testing it but I am in a learning phase in sleuth right now and I don't think anybody should have any problem if I share with others anything new that comes to me... I have never asked anybody to check things for me(or play in my place), I have only asked to cross-check to those who were just commenting and directly writing my point off directly without even giving it a thought... So I think its just that you have misunderstood my post and nothing else so no worries.......
Enjoy all and happy sleuthing......

Droid
Droid

It's just the concatenation of "hear" and "say" Joseph.

People often look different after they've died, for example my cousin was somewhat thinner after he died on account of having been run over by a truck!

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Red,

I didn't ask you who the seniors are, the word is obviously related to age, I only wanted to make it clear that I consider some of those who posted out of discussion.

Other than that, I think you made a mistake by posting your theory here. Perhaps you didn't ask anyone directly to check it but you were expecting someone to confirm it, since you posted it, and they didn't.
However, what I said is that you should keep your shortcuts for yourself and test them yourself.
If your shortcut works, good for you, don't tell anyone, just use it to beat me in SD.
If it doesn't work, don't post it on boards to mislead poor newbies.

I wouldn't rely more on the seniors than on my own observations, anyway.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

hmmm I think there is a misprint in that post Red but we won't go there.

And Lu, from us seniors, you might be quicker but I can still beat you with my cane :P

Jesse Riddle
Jesse Riddle

wow Mercey you sure don't seem to like advice from anyone! i thought jada's tip was helpful, and said in a nice way too. some people just need 2 lighten up

Mrs. Jada
Mrs. Jada

Ha! Thanks for your kind words, Jesse... much appreciated!

Mrs. Jada
Mrs. Jada

Am I in the Message Board Game Room "Being Excessively Polite"?!

(No, I really meant what I just said, lol)

(Sorry for disturbing this post everyone... best whishes for the new year!)

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help