Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

WARNING! Accuse with less than 3 stars of Evidence at your own Risk!

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Some corner cutters amongst you had discovered some safe ways to accuse suspects without first gathering 3 stars of evidence.

In sticking with the original intent of the game (not to mention our hitherto faultless game documentation), it is no longer safe to ever accuse with only 1 or 2 stars.

Good luck out there...

and Happy Sleuthing.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Police clerk in the police station in Doyleburgh can help you to match the handprint to the sample glasses taken from the suspects' houses.

3 stars + real alibi = not guilty
3 stars + unconfirmed alibi = maybe not guilty
3 stars + fake alibi = guilty

TEALY
TEALY

I have to say, Im on the " I DONT LIKE THE SETUP TEAM." I understand that the rules have always stated that you a suspect must have three stars, before a conviction. However, ever since the new setup, I have had to pay off three false accusations....and in ALL of those cases...I accused a suspect with a fake alibi, who actually had well over three stars. Therefore, based on my xp level, I have had to pay well over 220,000 in the past month! thats INSANE!

Needless to say, I have not only stopped doing stupendously hard cases, but I also find myself quitting almost every other case.

I LOVE a good challenge. However, I feel as though it has become more than just challenging, but rather...increasingly less fun, time consuming, and bothersome. I really dont understand, why there was a need to change the original setup, in the first place.

Overall....I BEG YOU TO PLEAAAASE CHANGE IT BACK!

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Tealy:

There's only one way for you to know whether you're seeing the right suspect before you clicked the accuse button and I have a solution for you, from next case onwards, make a screen capture of your suspect that you're about to accuse (that will prove that he/she has the 3 stars and fake alibi), then after you accuse, make a screen capture of the confirmation page whether you get case solved screen or false accusation screen.

Send both the pictures by email to help@hypoware.com if you get another FA in this condition, then stop doing another case, so that Admin can check the case for you, but based on the 2 pictures, it would be enough for them to tell you or for you to tell yourself whether you did yet another mistake or its a mistake from the game system. Hope this helps.

Droid
Droid

If I was you I would check the case file just before you accuse Tealy, I often do that and realise I'm about to accuse the wrong one; 3 or more stars and a fake alibi = guilty. I'm pretty sure Ben can check from the database on your FA cases rather than you sending him screenshots, but I don't know how far back it is retained for.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I have done a couple hundred or so cases of various levels IH-RH(since the rule change) and I have not had a single problem or gotten an FA on a accuse when I have had 3 stars and fake.

If you truly have had a suspect with a fake alibi and 3 stars or more and gotten an FA you should have filed a bug report immediately.

I would take that extra second and double check who you are going to accuse.

TEALY
TEALY

Where to begin? I am definitely positive, that the cases in which I falsely accused, the suspect had a false alibi, and OVER three stars. I ALWAYS double check, especially after the rule change, and ESPECIALLY after I had already had to pay off two FA's. The last case, in which I received a false accusation...the suspect had a false alibi...as well as...two PE...and I had a testimony that placed him leaving the house around the time of the murder. Needless to say, it was well over three stars.

Perhaps you all are right about the possibility of a bug, but wouldn't it would be odd that it would happen three times?

Obviously, the threat of a possible FA charge, is one of the main reasons I am not fond of the rule change. However, its not the sole reason. As far as I have noticed, I really do think the cases have become more about asking everyone in town to give me proof, of a suspects guilt. Which is tedious, and VERY time consuming. I have spoken to other agents, and I know that I am definitely among the many, who dislike the change.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I don't wish to argue but I do find it hard to imagine you have had 3 separate FAs from accusing a Fake Alibi Suspect with 3 or more stars. Maybe you can still ask Ben to look at your last or current FA. Not sure how far back he can look. Would be interested to know if this was truly the case

I have also talked to many other game players who have combined done thousands of cases since rule change and have had no such occurrence getting an FA when they have accused a Fake Alibi Suspect with 3 or more stars.

As far as the harder cases being Harder and taking longer to do then easier cases. Isn't that the point of a harder case level.

As it as been send before (in another thread) you have the option not to do the harder more tedious, time consuming cases and do lesser case level cases.

I think it would be disingenuous to say, that it was truly a challenge before the rule (game change) when all you needed was any star and fake alibi to accuse.

I for one enjoy the challenge of the harder cases, makes you think, as a detective game should.

Shaunessy
Shaunessy

I have to go with TJ on this. If this is a bug it certainly needs to be addressed! The rule is three stars and fake alibi = guilty. End of story. This is the only thing you can trust. So, I too, would like to know if this is a bug. It is indeed a frightening proposition if it is not. I click on the accused only when I am certain of this and recheck before I actually accuse--just to be sure. So, very strange. Yes, definitely should have this looked into. If this is the case, a bug, I'd be complaining too!

fabulus321
fabulus321

Well.. I go with the rule.. that is partially.. Accusing a person with just 1 star might be very dangerous but accusing with 2 isnt so bad.. (coz that wat i usually do). I rarely get a case in which the suspect has 3 stars of evidence... nor do i often get cases in which i get a lipstic smudge (as evidence) and a female is the muderer.

WEll im very sorry to say that shades.playsleuth.com is becoming very boring now a days. Its only the same thing! no suicides or Robberies(not that i no of)! its just the same old thing AGAIN AND AGAIN! boring.. i gess ill shift off to sum other sites to play..

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Well to bad after 33 cases and not much exploring and finding more about the game. There is more to it then just solving cases.

Now I dont suggest thinking that accusing with 2 star is okay, far from it. I just guess it is matter of what case level you are doing. Every case will always have at least 3 stars for the killer with fake alibi. Just takes some work to get it and I guess some dont like to work at a game. To each there own

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help