Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

WARNING! Accuse with less than 3 stars of Evidence at your own Risk!

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Some corner cutters amongst you had discovered some safe ways to accuse suspects without first gathering 3 stars of evidence.

In sticking with the original intent of the game (not to mention our hitherto faultless game documentation), it is no longer safe to ever accuse with only 1 or 2 stars.

Good luck out there...

and Happy Sleuthing.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@All:

Actually I didn't understand the importance of 3 stars until one fine day when I was 7M xp, then all the sudden Admin changed the rules without an announcement, now at that point, I remembered the case clearly, it was an AI case, whereby I thought I narrowed down the first 7th suspect and because it only had 1 PE (Handprint), I thought the killer has to be the 8th suspect, so once I unlocked him, I straight away asked for motive and accuse. Because of that FA, I almost wanted to quit the game, but then it didn't stop me from asking for help to pay off my FA.

Somehow this "someone" that everybody hated at that point, lend me the required money of $400,000 added together with my $300,000 I was able to pay it off. Since then, no matter what's the rules, I always gets 3 stars. So, since some peoples here always wondering why I always offered to pay someone else' FA, this is the reason why.

@Lu:
Yeah, I'm really happy and glad, despite using all my resources to do that favor and had to quit it in the end, better than another FA, as I think an FA at my xp, it would costs me $2.2 Million to pay off. I'll be hard broken if I really want that tiny 3 standings for my townie and risking the fact that I don't have $2.2 Million to pay off my FA.

AnnabelSixx
AnnabelSixx

I actually accused a suspect with only 1 star that was guilty and I got it right!! But that was probably because the other suspect with 3 stars had a real alibi. And plus I'm new here so it's only the easy case.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

It is interesting though, Joseph, that you recommend to others a method which brought you a FA. And then you come and say you would not use it yourself, because you can't afford to pay.

A pity, for attracting clients Shady should give you a percentage.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Lu:

Yeah, since she (cj) really didn't want to lose the case after spending so much resources in it, she might as well narrow everything down and in case there's 1 or 2 PE left which she couldn't get it to match, then its better to quit. lol...in the end, the choice is still up to her to choose, whether to risk it or to quit it.

Svetlana Smith
Svetlana Smith

Well I have just managed to acquire my first FA in a very long time by a piece of carelessness - and also a slightly sneaky feature of the game. Sometimes 2 suspects will have very similar names (e.g. Willis and Willard) plus their avatars are almost identical - one might be slightly more sad or happy looking. If you also happen to turn up the motives for each while using research to check for whereabouts....canyou see where I'm going?

Yes i accused mr happy rather than mr sad (and now i'm sad rather than happy!). My fault entirely at the end of the day - i should have been more vigilant. But beware when those 'twin' avatars appear and save yourself some money.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I have almost doing the same. Why I double check to make sure name and alibi (fake) and 3 stars before I accuse. May take an extra second or two.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Randomness in the game really could kill some great detectives in the long run, especially with similar names and similar looks with their avatars. Just be very careful next time.

Droid
Droid

I too have fallen for similarly named characters, fortunately now I never get motive when looking for whereabouts.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

in Noir Ananda and Amanda Goforth caused my first FA!

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Mine was like Sunny Giron and Sunny Abeyta. lol...

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help