Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

WARNING! Accuse with less than 3 stars of Evidence at your own Risk!

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Some corner cutters amongst you had discovered some safe ways to accuse suspects without first gathering 3 stars of evidence.

In sticking with the original intent of the game (not to mention our hitherto faultless game documentation), it is no longer safe to ever accuse with only 1 or 2 stars.

Good luck out there...

and Happy Sleuthing.

Replies
Droid
Droid

Some of us are just in it for hunts Lu, we have to repair our standings as fast so we can hunt again.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

So I guess basically what is being said is that some more experienced players need and relies on the lesser cases? I guess it is a difference of game philosophy. No wonder so few have reached RH and AI after over 2 almost 3 years of the games existence.

Droid
Droid

Yup, pretty near the truth. Some are in it for our agency scores rather than our own personal scores. Do you have a problem with that?

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Nope, like I said if it personal or an Agency's philosophy or preference that is there choice . If that is how some feel that is the best approach and there are others feel differently. It was an exchange of ideas and thoughts and better understanding of why experienced players did the lesser cases. If some take it as a personal assault that too is there choice.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Well, well, well, looks like we have us a difference of opinion on boards. Surely not:P

I know a lot of people on this game and all of them have their own reasons why they play. Each is different but in some ways the same.

When I first started playing SoM I did the highest cases I could as to gain experience. Then I joined AIU and found out what TH's were all about. That was the focal point of playing from then on. We had a blast while we hunted (oh mind you game was different back then)

When PIC was formed, it was for that very reason, TO HUNT. That is what we enjoyed and that is what we did and still do. Yes, being able to knock out 3 beginners in between favors is usefull during the hunt and at night to repair for next hunt.

Not all of us want to be #1 as a sole detective which is why it was no concern to reach AI for any of us.

Whatever your "game philosophy" is I am sure it is great for your agency. But us at PIC are perfectly happy doing what we are doing as we have fun doing it. If our agents want to do all high cases that is thier choice. If they want to do 3 begs and a favor, that is thier choice as well.

SoM should be played howevere the detective wants to play it and should not be judged or criticized in the fashion they do. oh, as long as they are not cheating.

And Joseph, that comment about not all of us want to be #1 was not meant to diss you. You played how you wanted to play and made it to #1

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Personally I don't have a problem with anything.

As I said before, it is strage to reach a certain level but continue playing the inferior levels (but perhaps I'm not such an experienced gamer and I haven't seen enough).

Clown and Joseph are trying to soften up what I said but I don't agree with them.
You all should be forced into doing your proper case level, and yes, do hunts as it takes. If I (who am much younger detective than you) can hunt doing RH cases in between, than you can do it too - if not, that's too bad.

And one more thing. Agencies directors should (for their own good) stop asking their agents to do beginner cases in order to get quickly to favors. I honestly doubt everyone is terribly busy.
The person who came up with the theory might have been in a real time crisis` but now too many use it out of convenience. Perhaps directors should think twice before advice members to become lazy. Why do I care? I just enjoy a nice lively rival.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

:>)

Fletchi
Fletchi

Lu lots of us are really busy actually, which i when i play i play for fun exactley as mercey said.... Agency directors should run their agancies how THEY want. Some of us also like to experience real life in between too! at the end of the day this is a Game and the player as an indevidual can choose how they want to play it.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Well I don't know if Directors of other agencies ask their agents to do beginners between favors but I agree with you on that point. Directors should not dictate what cases thier agents do at all

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Well, well! We all have lifes - I perfectly agree, this is a game at the end of the day as at any other moment one can choose to play it.
Any game has some rules, otherwise I would choose to solve AI cases, exactly the way Droid takes the beginner.

All I'm saying is that, since we are all at the same experience level, we should do the same case level.
This is how thigs look natural to me. of course you are free to have a different opinion. However, as #1Agency, I am pretty sure you can deal with any level.

Now I don't think there's a need to elaborate the idea, since I also know and you know very well how many favors one needs in order to heal standings after a hunt (even assuming an astounding contribution of 3 steps).

I wasn't talking about PIC, but I know for sure that it is something directors do... they are free to do it, of course, as an advice or as a membership condition. I just don't think it is good for their agencies.

Now one can agree or disagree with my opinions.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help