Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

WARNING! Accuse with less than 3 stars of Evidence at your own Risk!

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Some corner cutters amongst you had discovered some safe ways to accuse suspects without first gathering 3 stars of evidence.

In sticking with the original intent of the game (not to mention our hitherto faultless game documentation), it is no longer safe to ever accuse with only 1 or 2 stars.

Good luck out there...

and Happy Sleuthing.

Replies
MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

yes at that level it is safe. just take heed to what has been said ^ as it will get you sooner or later.

Good luck.

Mrs. Jada
Mrs. Jada

Yeah, ask Missy M. ... Be careful, Lissianna!

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

i agree with mercey how about at least knowing how many suspects there are again hmmmmm....... please ben :)

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Well, as much as I hate to say this, I made that post in the heat of the moment. Everyone knows how many suspects there COULD be in a case and when choosing to do that case should be ready for it.

My partner pointed out that cases given they way they were should have been named PE instead of RH or AI. I agree now.

It was easy to come home after a long day at work and knock out a few RH cases without much thought and now we can't because we must think about them. Hmmm, guess RH and AI have taken on a whole new or should I say original meaning;)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Not a reply against any posts at all, I think any future updates in related to game difficulty, it should have the following things into consideration:

1) Should it be based on player's xp?
- Only my opinion that this be the most logical solution.

2) Should it be based on player's choice of case level?
- Big disadvantages for lower xp players to catch up with higher xp players. Currently been implemented this way.

3) Should it be based on player's skills?
- When players choose easier cases to do, no matter how tough the system has become, it wouldn't affect players when they choose lower case level to do.

Basically, if the toughness of a case are to be measured, I think it should be based on player's xp, because I think a player with high xp and low xp, doing the same case level, if the toughness is stressed on the case level, then it would be hard for the low xp player to progress higher, not to mention to catch the high xp player. So, the most logic way to do it is for higher xp player (meaning more skill points to spend) should get harder case based on the same case level.

Basically, Admin need quite some time to evaluate the number of skill points accumulated by players in each stage and then set up a more logical approach to the game difficulty. And if somehow when new skills been implemented into the game, to avoid disadvantages to old players that didn't have enough skill points to learn it, it would be best to allow players a skill reset option.

Regards,
Joseph

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I like the skill reallocation option since the introduction of the Achievement Handgear. Many players prior to them being introduced can reallocate those duplicate trained skills that have been enhanced by the hand gear.

Belami
Belami

to make it easier on admins, maybe the three stars rule could be in effect for SH cases on up; that way, newer players could work on their skills without getting too discouraged and have lots of time to gather points and get more tools to help solve cases...unless the newer players are happy with things this way. i haven't been checking the boards lately. i am enjoying the extra challenge but i've been here awhile...

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

No it needs to stay in place for for all case levels. Doesn't make sense for the rule to only apply to the top 3 case levels and let it be lessen on the other 70\%.

Droid
Droid

@Joseph,

Dificulty of a case has to be based on case level rather than player's XP, if it was based on XP then we'd get our most inexperienced player to fill case files in locker with IH cases that would really be "pretty easy".

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Droid:

Wow! I never thought of that, I just thought that based on xp would be the best bet. However, I still think that when a low level player stored IH for you to do, maybe the system should detect it and twist it right away according to your xp. Tough to implement and I know 95\% players didn't want to catch up with higher xp player, so my suggestion is just rubbish.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help