Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

WARNING! Accuse with less than 3 stars of Evidence at your own Risk!

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Some corner cutters amongst you had discovered some safe ways to accuse suspects without first gathering 3 stars of evidence.

In sticking with the original intent of the game (not to mention our hitherto faultless game documentation), it is no longer safe to ever accuse with only 1 or 2 stars.

Good luck out there...

and Happy Sleuthing.

Replies
TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

There may be that scenario, you just described. But don't always take that as a given.

You will get PE matched to multiple fakes or proofs. You may even get a 1 star PE match and 1 star proof match on a fake alibi, to be sure you need that 3rd star.

I have had cases like this and the actual killer was someone else who I got a 2 star PE match and 1 star proof.

You may run out of your manipulation skills to ask and get that proof or PE match for that 3 star. Maybe get a manipulation glove or ring to add in obtaining what you need, or chance it and accuse and get a FA. Always keep in mind you may have missed something at the CS.

Myrtle
Myrtle

Thanks, TJ! I know that I can miss stuff and be just plain wrong, and that I was always taking a chance by accusing with less than three stars. But what do the new rules mean? If I accuse with less than three stars, will I automatically always incur a False Accusation? What has changed?

ms helen
ms helen

No you won't automatically get a False Accusation. All the new rule means is that you have to have 3 stars plus a fake alibi to safely accuse. You can accuse with less than 3 stars and you may be very very lucky and get it right. On the other hand you may be very unlucky and get it wrong and incur a False Accusation.

Remember a quit is ALWAYS better than an FA.

Myrtle
Myrtle

Thanks, Ms Helen - that helps!

Droid
Droid

@Priya,

Regarding Auto de fe you can accuse on zero stars without any chance of being wrong; you might for example have searched all the houses and found 4 possible murder weapons, You eliminate 3 of them as not being the murder weapon so it must have been the fourth. If that was in the house of someone with a false alibi you can accuse them without any stars. Heck I've even had a VH case with only two suspects without alibis and one died...

Marco Roshinski
Marco Roshinski

Yep. I got auto de fe by checking every Real Alibi against all the physical evidence, and combining that with evidence analysis was able to conclusively prove three stars worth of evidence against someone by process of elimination. Of course, I did it on an Intermediate case. I'm no glutton for punishment.

Early on, when I was new, I simply assumed that multiple Fakers could have both Physical and Witness evidence against them. After playing for quite a while I noticed that the game NEVER had evidence for more than one Fake Alibi. Now, multiple Fake Alibis can have evidence against them, but only one of them has the three stars.

My Agency Director and I discussed this topic at length several months ago. It was then he confirmed my suspicions (that the game didn't give evidence to multiple Fake Alibis), but I was always afraid that the admin would enable this (as I assumed it already WAS enabled) without telling us players. As such, I'm used to playing on the assumption that evidence could be distributed to more than on Faker.

Sorry to ramble on, but I'm just really pleased that the game now works the way I always assumed it did. I'm sorry that some players got FA's when the functionality was turned on. Perhaps Admin could make an exception to long-time subscribers who got reset.

MR.

Kespar
Kespar

great got this warning a bit too late

Shaunessy
Shaunessy

Listen, it may be hard for newbies to earn money, but I've been playing awhile and have to say that upping the reward is most welcomed! Once the game was tweaked, I found my gifts and money running through my hands like sand in a sieve. LOL So, thank you!

Morgona
Morgona

I've actually had a lot of cases where I only had 1 0r 2 stars, sometimes even 0 stars. Most of the time I'm right but a few times I was wrong and had no other options, which I ended up starting over. Now I know how to limit my uses of manipulations and such.

Lissianna Kurkova
Lissianna Kurkova

When i get to the point where i have nothing left to ask, I go into their homes and find evidence, letters from suspects you haven't yet found out or can get information on may have a written letter or something in someone else home, or you find keys in their homes for other homes. Thus far i've had no issues accusing people with 2 stars..

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help