Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

WARNING! Accuse with less than 3 stars of Evidence at your own Risk!

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Some corner cutters amongst you had discovered some safe ways to accuse suspects without first gathering 3 stars of evidence.

In sticking with the original intent of the game (not to mention our hitherto faultless game documentation), it is no longer safe to ever accuse with only 1 or 2 stars.

Good luck out there...

and Happy Sleuthing.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Everybody has a choice. Whether to risk it or to quit it, that's an important choice to make. No matter what, never regret after a choice is made. ^_^

Really Red
Really Red

Its like being with somebody for years, getting attached with him totally, then due to your one accidental mistake he loses his memory. Now he doesn't recognize you, even refuses to talk to you... How would you feel? .......FEEL!!! Unfortunately it's about feelings and the emotional aspect which isn't alive in 90\% of the people today...

Missy M.
Missy M.

Thanks Really Red, for your kind words... Okay, it's my mistake with the 3 FA and all, but I thought I had only 1 FA insteda of 2, that's where I went wrong. It's hard to take that after almost 1 year of playing, I'm back to zero again...

However, there are SOME people who understand my feelings on this... thought I've made friends here, but you never know who your friends are - until things turn the wrong way for you.

Bye everybody - and keep on sleuthing...

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

how about this having someone with a real alibi that has 6 stars of evidence against them :)

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

i understand your frustration missy, but that is the way the game was intended to be played. that you must have three stars against fake alibi, and be careful. we have all been there. trust me i should have been retired a long time ago :) happy sleuthing sleuth mates

Priya
Priya

it's really ufortunate what happened to Missy.
you know we all make mistakes and if we check most of us have this "achievement" Auto de fe in our profiles, and most of us have a false accusation also. It could happen to any of us.

Myrtle
Myrtle

So - I'm confused. There have been times when I have, thru process of elimination, been certain that a suspect is guilty, but I may only have had one or two stars. For whatever reason, I was unable to obtain more confirming stars for the guilty suspect. ALL other suspects had been positively eliminated. I was able to accuse correctly. What if I encounter a similar scenario now? Has the game now changed so that accusing with less than three stars will always result in a False Accusation? I'm unsure as to what the new change actually means.... Can anybody help?

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

There may be that scenario, you just described. But don't always take that as a given.

You will get PE matched to multiple fakes or proofs. You may even get a 1 star PE match and 1 star proof match on a fake alibi, to be sure you need that 3rd star.

I have had cases like this and the actual killer was someone else who I got a 2 star PE match and 1 star proof.

You may run out of your manipulation skills to ask and get that proof or PE match for that 3 star. Maybe get a manipulation glove or ring to add in obtaining what you need, or chance it and accuse and get a FA. Always keep in mind you may have missed something at the CS.

Myrtle
Myrtle

Thanks, TJ! I know that I can miss stuff and be just plain wrong, and that I was always taking a chance by accusing with less than three stars. But what do the new rules mean? If I accuse with less than three stars, will I automatically always incur a False Accusation? What has changed?

ms helen
ms helen

No you won't automatically get a False Accusation. All the new rule means is that you have to have 3 stars plus a fake alibi to safely accuse. You can accuse with less than 3 stars and you may be very very lucky and get it right. On the other hand you may be very unlucky and get it wrong and incur a False Accusation.

Remember a quit is ALWAYS better than an FA.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help