Community - Message Boards

Message Board Game Room

CONTEST: 'A Day in the Life.....'

ms helen
ms helen

Hello, fellow Gumshoes!

Have you ever wondered what the Morgue Assistant really does with all those cadavers? Maybe you've wondered why Preston spends all his time in the bar?

We'd like to know what really goes on during the day-to-day life of some of our most well-known townies - and this is where YOU, my fellow gumshoes, come in.

We want you to write a story about a day in the life of a Townie. You may pick ONE of the following:

Pawn Broker
Beat Cop
Bartender
Reporter
Morgue Assistant
Tobacconeer

This contest is open to everyone, whether subscribed or unsubscribed.

THE RULES

Stories must be written in either first or third person.

Stories must not be longer than 1 forum post.

One Story per detective, and you may NOT use alt detectives to submit more.

Spelling and Grammar ARE important. Remember, Spell Check is your friend!

No Plagiarism, we expect your story to be completely your own work.

Please, remember the game is set in the 1950's, so no cell phones, personal computers/laptops, etc.

Also remember this is a detective game, so some form of mystery in the story will net you extra points.

The Judges: Anikka, Develin, Fletchi, and Ms. Helen. In the event of a tie our beloved Squirrel will have the deciding vote.

THE PRIZES:
1st Prize: 3 month sub + special item
2nd prize: 2 month sub + special item
3rd prize: 1 month sub + special item

Plus, anyone who posts a worthy entry (ie, NOT: i iz entering cuz i wanna win) will get a special little something too.

DEADLINE:
31st October 2010 (23:59 or 11:59 PM Server time)

Please post below if you have any questions. Please post your entry into this thread.

Good luck, all!

Replies
anabell4848
anabell4848

@ms helen, lol yes it was intentional, you did specify that 23:59 was the deadline.

ms helen
ms helen

Sorry about the delay folks, my fault entirely I promise you :)

Without further ado:

The winner of 'A day in the life....'

Hollin

Congratulations Hollin you are the winner of a 3 month subscription and a special item from admin.

Second place

Belami

Congratulations Belami you are the winner of a 2 month subscription and a special item from admin.

Third Place

Likare

Congratulations Likare you are the winner of a 1 month gift sub and a special item from admin.

(Prizes will be handed out as soon as possible by Secret Squirrel.)

A big thank you to everyone who entered, it was a lot of fun reading everyopne's entries and a tough job picking the winners. I haven't forgotten that I promised all entrants a little something, I just need to get confirmation from our favourite rodent first :)

Another big thank you to the judges; Anikka, Fletchi and Develin for taking time out of their busy schedules to help judge this contest.

Finally I hope everyone had fun writing/reading the stories as that was the ultimate aim of this contest.

Hollin
Hollin

Oh my gosh, thank you so much!! Congrats to the other winners too, awesome job!

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

*mutters to self about not reading the fine print*

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

well done to: all the contestants,
place getters
the organizers,
and the judges.

I'll ah distribute those 'items' as soon as, well, let's be frank, I've made them :)

develin
develin

Congratulations to Hollin, Belami and Likare. And a big thank you to the rest for their contribution.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Ok folks,

Subs for 1,2,3 all gifted. Prizes for 1 & 3 gifted. 2nd awaiting empty hand slot.

I promise I will do "something" for ALL entrants ASAP.

Likare
Likare

Oh, wow, thank you so much, this was fun to take part and congrats to the other winners!

dr dover
dr dover

it was fun for me, personally, to read all the entries....we have some very creative players in S.o.M. !!!! congrats to the ladies (Bel', Hollin, and Likare)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good stuff, ladies. :-) i think that this was an overall success for the game with really great prizes for those that entered. hope to see more contests like this in the future. thanks, admin! (and good job a.i. :-) )

Belami
Belami

congrats, hollin and likare! thanks so much, judges! and also everyone who submitted a story. reading the entries, i felt as though i got to know these townies through their terrible secrets. what a strange group. gosh! :)

contests are fun and i hope we get to do more of them. it's always nice to have a chance to win something (loved those apples). i like anything that adds dimension to the game.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help