Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

glitch?

gonzz0
gonzz0

i've taken a hard case in which I found the murder weapon, so damning evidence; the person in question had an alibi, so I lost the case, even though I had three stars on her. Is this a glitch? Or was the murder weapon planted there (I didn't think this would be possible, so...)

Thanks for clarifying this..

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

3 STARS + FAKE ALIBI = KILLER

Marco Roshinski
Marco Roshinski

and it's corollary
ANY NUMBER OF STARS + VALID ALIBI = INNOCENT SUSPECT

This burned me too, when I was new. I once had 6 stars against someone with a valid alibi. The alibi is decisive. Someone with a valid one cannot be guilty.

MR.

Annie Stephenie
Annie Stephenie

Yeah...No matter what evidences you have against a suspect, if he has an alibi, he's innocent..So, while interviewing suspects, first ask their alibis so that you can cross out a few suspects. Good luck!

Detective Denson
Detective Denson

no matter what it's always: any number of stars + fake alibi = killer

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

I definitely think Admin should make the rules fixed at "3 stars + Fake Alibi + Motive = Killer". ^_^

That will change the outcome of why a majority of you said the cases are too easy. :P

DiGris
DiGris

From what I've gathered through playing this for this long,

Any Amount of Stars+Valid=Innocent
1 or more Stars+Fake=Guilty

This may change during nearly impossible cases, but does not change before that point from my experience.

Likare
Likare

i have ever had a suspect with 2 stars and a fake alibi turn out to be innocent, you need 3 or more stars to be sure. (i have only recently reached very hard cases.)

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Making rules fixed at "3 stars + Fake Aliby = Motive = Killer" would certianly toughen the game however, there are other factors to consider here.

First, it is obvious that Admin has made cases tougher ie., multiple evidence found in crime scene (yes there is a way around this) and shorter game time.

But more importantly, sometimes people take the proof or motive to their grave. Yes, both of these can also be dealt with but for detectives just moving up, this would be a difficult task until they had the necessary skills to do so. We all know how long that can take so how many cases would they have to quit because of this rule?

I am a firm believer on the three star rule but sometimes you have to make a choice when no one will tell you or if time is of the essence.

Just my 2 cents and just another challenge for Admin.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

ooops sorry about type O. Meant + Motive + Killer

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

oh dear. I think you all get the jist of it :)

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help