Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

How many people play SoM?

Grace Lennox
Grace Lennox

I've never seen more than 50 people logged in at the same time, but I suspect there're at least hundreds of people playing. I'm also curious how many of you have more than one account? I do :>

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

hi Grace,

When I started SoM, I had a few detectives (all unsubs), then when I started to like SoM, I began to focus on my current detective.

Along the way, I always wanted to try other backgrounds, but in the end, find myself focusing only on my current detective.

Then, I've created another 6 more detectives of each backgrounds, to find out for myself, what achievement prize will I get for solving tutorial case and made a post in community board to convince more players to try out the game.

And in the end, I found myself couldn't handle more than 1 detective, because I knew for a fact that if I have more than 1 detective, then it will be very hard for me to reach the last achievements and get max skills for my detective.

Grace Lennox
Grace Lennox

Thanks for your answer, Joseph.
I had 4 detectives but now I only focus on two of them. I'd like to focus fully on one but 4 cases a day is not enough and I don't want to subscribe yet. I also wanted to try out different backgrounds but I discovered that no matter what background I chose at the beginning, all my detectives soon ended up having very similar skills.

riz007
riz007

i don't know how many players have more than 1 account
i have 2 account more
but i have forgot theri password
but in fact
no. of players playin sleuth is
http://www.hypoware.com/sleuth.html

Chris Palmer
Chris Palmer

Thanks for this info, Riz. "More than 350 000 players over the years" sounds impressive. Of course, that is for both SoM and Noir and if everyone has more than one account we should probably divide it by three. Still, it's impressive.

riz007
riz007

your welcome chris :-)

AmyP-S
AmyP-S

Wow, I'm surprised at how many people have more than one account. I wouldn't do well with that. On this one game, I have two characters and I (without knowing it really) started focusing on 1 and she's level ten now and I don't feel like playing the other one cause I'd have to complete the same quests and that one's level seven. So frustrating >.<

Chris Palmer
Chris Palmer

All cases are randomly generated so you can't complete the same case twice. I agree that doing easy cases after you tasted harder ones is pretty boring. However, in my opinion the first real breakthrough comes when you reach 5000 xp which gives you access to showdown competitions.

dedektif_Liz
dedektif_Liz

50 people? good times...

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help