Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Achievement Prizes!

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

We've dropped a few hints about equippable accessory items, but we've purposely kept quiet about our plans while we worked through some game balance issues and design issues. So, now for the big reveal.

Secret Squirrel and I have been quietly working for the past couple of months on introducing a whole range of hand held items, and we're releasing the first wave today. This first batch is all items that are earned when you reach certain milestone achievements.

So, there are now sets of background specific items given as prizes when you reach the following achievements:

* Learned the Ropes (Tutorial)
* 1000 experience
* 1 million
* 5 million

(we're working on 10 million and up now too... looking at you Joseph)

For existing users, who have already earned some or all of these achievements, FEAR NOT! You should now have an active mission allowing you to claim the most recent prize item for which you are eligible. Since these items are designed to wear out around the time you would normally be receiving your next prize, we felt this was a fair catch people up on the prize train.

Important Note: Since everybody now essentially has access to a few more skills, it was necessary to increase mystery difficulty across the board (well, for all levels above easy anyway). I took a wild guess at the appropriate adjustments. It is entirely possible that we'll need to make further adjustments to bring overall difficulty back in-line to the pre item days.

Less Important Note: You may notice that as you earn those achievements with prizes going forward, you will now be given the opportunity to post your achievement to Facebook. This is another baby step in Socializing the game. We're going to keep trying these steps out to see what types of wall posts people find useful, and at what point it just gets annoying. Feel free to give feedback on that.

Thanks as always to my partner in crime (stopping), Secret_Squirrel. He put in a lot of time developing the dozens of prize items we're introducing today and more to come.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

lol...death sentences, I love that. ^_^

Intan Maretha
Intan Maretha

nice work ben and secret :)

cheers

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I noticed a difference in IH and SH case, I think the difficulty there is good and was needed. Nice work Ben. I like the challenge and I think others should to, but sadly I am sure I will be in the minority.

I say "If alot complain it has gotten harder then it was the right decision. " Maybe one should adjust there skills and methods to accommodate the increase on difficulty.

kivaas
kivaas

I did actually get a prize (the persuader), but noticed no difficulty difference in SH cases...

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@TJ: I also prefer the cases to get harder. Especially with an idea to have suspects gone into hiding and clues to be find in order to locate this suspect. ^_^

Adam Caine
Adam Caine

Thank you admins for the new content. I do have some questions, let say the item wears out later and I still want to have my current item, is it possible to buy it? or its totally special and not for sale, only achievable through reaching milestone?

And let say I learn level 6 intimidation later on and got a reward that adds to my intimidation and I earned enough skill points to learn yet another intimidation, do I learn my 7th intimidation (18 skill points) or do I learn my 8th intimidation (16 skill points) because I have an accessory that gives me my 7th intimidation.

And does these items only wearable only by me or I can store it in an Agency Locker to exchange with another member? If wearable by another member, does this member need to be the same background with me? or does it have any difference between male and female member of the same background?

Thanks in advance.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

All good questions Adam.

... BEN!!!!

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Has far as I know and believe the items are background connected, similar to coats being gender related.

You can store in agency locker.

I would think that the hand gear adds to what int/charm you have and if you train you will need skill for what you have not what the gear adds (ie if you have 5 int(+1 enhanced) if you train for another int you need skill points to get the 6th not 7th then it will show 6 int(+1 enhanced)

The hand gear like coats enhance not add to your total you have earned or trained for.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Fast update:

I just tried with fellow agent to exchange hand gear between us both having different backgrounds and it will not allow us to.

I use the word enhance(ment) even though it does add to your total but I think it is a better way to look at it.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

1) "Can you buy these items?"
- No, but there will be other items for purchase with sleuth cash or challenge points (you do have two hand slots to fill after).

2) "Can you store them in lockers."
- Yes, but only people of the proper background can take them back out. Keep in mind that putting them in a locker causes some wear to an item. Not a lot, but some.

3) "Any gender requirements?"
- This current batch of items is all unisex. There will probably be some items that are both background and gender differentiated.

4) "How do the skill bonuses work?"
- They add an extra point to whatever your current level in that skill is. They can even give you a bonus if you don't possess that skill at all or bump you up past the maximum trainable level.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help