Community - Message Boards

Message Board Game Room

Murder in the family

4f
4f

It was a Sunday night and a wealthy man, Berry Lim was found dead in his house with a gun on his left hand and a letter on the other hand. The police investigated but found no clues at all. The police force's star detective, Sergeant Hamilton gathered all of the family members in the living room as he suspected that this case was related to someone in the family.

The family members were : Rick Lim ( Son), Eunice Lim (Daughter) and Jane Lim ( Mother)

Below were their statements :
Son: I was not around at that time
Daughter: I dislike that person, but well he's dead. Don't suspect me!
Mother: He was very upset after receiving the letter for the day.

Sergeant Hamilton pointed at a person, you are the one I'm seeking for!
So, who is the murderer?

Replies
Xsaga
Xsaga

i assume Jane is, isn't she?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

The statements seems to be insufficient, whereby one must make a wild guess.

When the daughter said: I dislike that person, well if she's real daughter, she wouldn't have said "that person". Dislike a person can be considered a motive.

While the mother knew about the letter, did she gave the letter to Berry? Knowing about the letter could mean she knows who's the real killer @ physical evidence.

And lastly, the son was not around at that time, but does he have an alibi? No one can confirm his alibi.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Jane (mother) she is only one not denying involvement.

Droid
Droid

Pretty poor police if there was a gun in his hand but they found no clues. Did they fail to find the letter in his other hand as well?

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

I forgot to add Jane was also last person to see the victim alive based on her statement.

DiGris
DiGris

The mother claims the letter for the day showed up on Sunday. This means that they checked on Saturday for the mail. There is no mail on Sunday. The mother is lying. However, this does not confirm that she is guilty of murder. If it did, she'd be the obvious suspect.

DiGris
DiGris

Hmm, reviewing, it had to be Jane, because it is designed to look like a suicide after receiving mail that could not have been received that day.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help