Community - Message Boards

Role Playing Stage

Murder In The Tricky Mister

Severs II
Severs II

I slowly sat down on a stool, and folded my arms over the counter. It had been a slow day at work, and a nice cold mug of beer was exactly what I needed. Gustav the bartender strolled over to my side of the counter. He smiled to himself as he caught sight of me. "Hello, Mr. Severs Number Two. What will it be this time?" Returning his smile, I gave him my order and he scuttled off. When he returned, he was carrying a large mug full of whiskey. "Thanks, Gustav." I streched my legs, before walking over to the billiard table at the back of the bar. I must have spent at least twenty minutes watching, and occasionally sipping my cold beverage. Nothing beats a drink at the Tricky Mister Bar. The man standing next to me seemed to agree, judging from the strong smell of ale emanating from his clothes, and his rowdy behaviour. He sauntered over to me. "How are you, darling? Did you miss me?" He seemed to be under the impression that I was his wife. Just as I was about to explain to him his mistake (or run away), I was interrupted. For all of a sudden, a deafening shriek pierced the air...

Replies
Shaunessy
Shaunessy

as the bar went deadly quiet and all heads turned toward the direction of the shriek.

NikkiSnoop
NikkiSnoop

it was a thin brunnette crying like the world was ending, tears ,streaming down her face as she shouted "you!" pointing my direction. "wha wha.. what?" I squeaked.Everybody turned to look at me. The man standing next to me glared at me. "Whhaddya you think yoor doin to my gal, eh? Apoligise to me ladyyy.."His voice slurreed and he soon sat down and fell asleep. First i'm his wife and now I am doing something to his wife?!

NikkiSnoop
NikkiSnoop

The lady came up to me staggering most likely drunk ,staring at me with big brown eyes. "Where is Jonny then? WHERE IS JONNY? Jonny, where are you darling?JONNY WHERE ARE YOOOOOOOOOOU?" Belive me I have never heard of a Jonny in my life. A few grinning guys joined in, adding to my confusion and fustration, with unhelpful comments like "Show us Jonny, laddie" or "Eh fetch us good ol Jonny" and " What have you done with Jonny'?"
When the lady heard this last comment she came even closer to me, her breath smelling of wine and alcohol.Then she lost the plot, grabbing hold of me a screaming "WHERE IS JONNY! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY DARLING JONNY ,YOU EVIL, TWISTED FOOL!"
With that the guys stopped grinning and just gave me a what-did-you-do- look and one particuarly nasty guy walked past and whispered in my ear :leave-or-else-i'll-be-coming-to-get-you.

Severs II
Severs II

My eyes focused themselves onto the the tall lady with the blonde hair. She seemed harmless enough. But it seemed that she was being accused of some horrendous crime. And who on Earth was Johnny? I leant back against a wall, and let the scene unfold before me. And why not? It was interesting.

I watched as a particuarly nasty-looking man walked over to the woman, and whispered something into her ear. Immediately, her face flashed with alarm. She caught her breath, and muttered something back. Then she raised her voice. "Excuse me, madam." she said, turning back to the distressed brunette lady. "My name is Nikkisnoop...and I think you've made a mistake. I don't know Johnny-" But she was cut off in mid-sentence. For just then, the nasty-looking fellow pulled something out of his pocket. It was a gun...

Severs II
Severs II

The atmosphere suddenly grew colder. There was a long silence as everyone stared at the weapon. Nikkisnoop gasped. Even the grinning drunk men had realised that something was amiss, as they stared at the nasty-looking fellow with worried frowns on their faces. Suddenly, everyone was scared. Very much so.

And then our weapon-carrying man spoke.

"Everybody stay still!" He ordered, in a calm, authoritative voice. "I'd hate to waste the bullets in this gun..." Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a golden badge that glimmered in the lamplight. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the Bartender's eyes widen with shock. The nasty fellow was a cop! "My name is Preston Grosso," he continued "and I'm trying to ensure that nothing happens to any of our patrons." He paused, before delivering his final statement. Stroking his handlebar moustache, he announced "The police have received reports that a murder is being plotted in this area..." A collective gasp of disbelief issued from the crowd. I stroked my chin thoughtfully. And then I heard a scream. For the second time time that that night! Snapping my head around, I caught a glimpse of the thin brunette lady standing up, her hand outstreched, her finger pointing at something. A mixture of horror, disgust, grief and madness was on her face. And the object of her attention? It was a dead corpse, lying tucked under the billiard table. It had been out of sight for the whole evening, but now it was in plain view. A suspiciously crimson liquid was smudged onto it's clothes. A knife was lodged in it's back. It was little Johnny...

NikkiSnoop
NikkiSnoop

"J..J...J...jonny?" The thin brunette gaped and bawled like a small child. But then again, Who wouldn't? Oh. As I stepped nearer to the body, in hope that I could somehow comfort her, I recongised that face."jon.......Its jon!"I mouthed staring at the body. Jon, I will admit WAS my ex, (Now sadly I use past tense.) I suppose I didn't love him anymore but I was still very upset. I felt like joining the brunette crying.

NikkiSnoop
NikkiSnoop

I sat down beside her and whispered, "Its ok." This was a big mistake. The lady started to rant at me again, but she suddenly shut up. I then realised why. Preston had his gun pointed at me again. Talk about "Happy Hour" at the bar.

Severs II
Severs II

I caught a glimpse of Gustav the Bartender slumped against a wall. He was shaking his head in disbelief. I was finding it rather incredulous myself. A cop threatening the patrons of The Tricky Mister with a gun? What's more, the aforementioned cop had a handlebar moustache and a beer gut! That's when I made my decision. I was going to do something about this situation...

I quickly strode over to Nikkisnoop. Preston's eyes immediately flared up. "Stay still!" he commanded, whilst tightening his grip on the gun. "The rest of the force will be here any moment now. I'm telling you this for your own good." He paused to cough. "Don't interfere with police business." finished Preston Grosso. I smiled to myself. "I'm not doing anything." I chuckled. "The people here just look a bit upset." I turned to face Nikkisnoop and the sobbing brunette lady. "What kind of relationship did you share with Johnny?" I asked the latter. The woman continued weeping. Eventually, she whispered a few words. "He was my b-brother..." she sniffed. Preston had been quietly watching all this time, but I could see that he was growing uneasy. He motioned for me to step back. Just as I was shuffling away to the other corner of the room, something caught my eye. I had just enough time to hiss something into Nikkisnoop's ear before I left the scene altogether. "Look at the body, will you? There's something quite strange..."

NikkiSnoop
NikkiSnoop

A few moments after I had gone throught the whole rant again, a guy wearing sunglasses and thick black hair came over to me. He whispered something, and I just caught it before him and almost everyone else were shuffling out of the bar. I stared at the body, thinking about what the guys had said to me. I stared for 5 minuteds and gave up. It HURT to stare at it, like someone had stabbed me. Then I saw it. Not just a crimson, a stange burgundy with a touch of sickly yellow. I stuttered, and gasped. "He's been poisoned!" Although I didn't know it a tear must have been rolling down my cheek as the sobbing brunette whispered, "You didn't do it did you? I'm sorry, I thought you did it, but you didn't.Look at you , you still love him. I just want my brother back." With that she fell to the floor and wept. I wasn't so dramatic but I continued to let my emotions flow down my face. Soon we'd have a flood If we both carried on. So I decided to stop crying,a nd think about what to do. Then it hit me! I must tell that guy. But who was he? I sat , waiting for the police thought to arrive pondering this matter till the police force eventually came.

Severs II
Severs II

A small group of police officers quickly strode into the bar. One of them was carrying a notepad, and was busy jotting down some notes. Another was casting sly, furtive glances around the room. That basically sums up the entire police force in two sentences. They're all extremely inquisitive and always up to some kind of nasty scheme or plan. It's little wonder that hardly anyone trusts them. Suddenly, I sighted the commanding officer, and my jaw nearly dropped open. Margaret Kuippers! The one and only Margaret Kuippers! She was probably the only officer in the whole of Doylesburgh who actually understood my occupation as a private detective. But she hadn't noticed that I was at the bar yet. I watched as she ambled over to Preston the cop, and sternly ordered him to put the gun away. "That will be all, Officer Grosso." she grunted. "We've had enough for one night." Preston rather gloomily obeyed. "Now," she said, suddenly brightening up, "where's the body?" At this, Nikkisnoop and the sobbing brunette woman woman stepped forward. "May we stay? We know John-I mean, the victim." they asserted. At this, Margaret muttered something about interfering witnesses, but nevertheless reluctantly gave them permission to remain behind. "You'd better stay too, Preston." she commanded, whilst wagging a finger at him. "I want your report of this...incident. The same goes for everyone else! This is now a crime scene. Must I remind you that you are all suspects?"

A stifled gasp arose from the patrons. No one was expecting this! As Margaret leant over to examine the corpse, her right eye drifted over to the place where I was standing. She looked right into my face, and one of her eyebrows raised a little. I could guess what she was thinking. 'MY GOODNESS! IT'S THAT FELLOW. WHAT'S HIS NAME? SEVERS, AIN'T IT? HE'S THAT DETECTIVE. WHAT THE BLEEDING HECK IS HE DOING HERE?' Then, with a final shake of her (rather large head), she turned her attention back to the body. "Yes, he's been stabbed all right. But..." She frowned. "That's not what killed him." She bent over a

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help