Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Showdown Rule Change

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

A few enterprising Sleuths have discovered that they can gain advantage by playing a single Multi Sleuth Showdown with two detectives simultaneously.

While I can see the appeal of sleuthing against an imaginary friend (just as Secret Squirrel and I insist on pretending to be two different people), we've decided that the practice violates the intention of the Showdowns.

Consequently, two users from the same network location will no longer be able to compete against each other in a Showdown. While we recognize that this may prevent two real people who live together from competing in a Showdown, we feel the tradeoff is worth it to protect the integrity of these PvP events.

Sleuth On with your bad selves.

Replies
Droid
Droid

Good job Bilbot's not still playing, he used multiple IP addresses from his house.

Two real people would be at even more of an advantage than one person playing two characters, one could search the crime scene while the other got on with unlocking suspects.

Does this mean they're going to lose their ill-gotten gains?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Thanks Ben ^_^

I'm one of the happy player that these problems got solved. ^_^

Jacobus
Jacobus

That explains a lot..i overheard SS talking to someone in the office, when i walked in he was by himself. ;)

So does that mean people were cheating in the Showdown's then?
How very naughty, tut tut.

cjmcebdb
cjmcebdb

thank you for the rule change great wprk ben we all appreciate this hugs cj

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Personally, I don't think the word 'cheating' applies. People were simply using a system they'd come up with that was, at the time for them, a bit of a winner. It wasn't how Ben envisaged Showdowns would work, so he fixed it. :)

All good, and they all lived happily ever after... the end.

Voy Seven
Voy Seven

I think it's better this way now.

Although I didn't really care that some players competed against themselves... they just spoilt their own fun (and when other players also competed, they double-players normally lost anyway).

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

BTW, if you really do have more than one person playing in your house, and you want to compete against other, and you promise to not collaborate unfairly: let me know and I'll add an exception for you.

lady098
lady098

play new games

mr.mack
mr.mack

i want to play so how do i do it?

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help