Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Cases between Favors

AnnieOakley
AnnieOakley

I have completed over 20 cases in a row without being offered a favor to do. Why is this?????

Replies
Droid
Droid

If you just played two cases and are now at favors you wouldn't have been at favors when you tested before. The number of cases solved under your profile will be divisible by four if you're at favors, it's not a fixed number of cases from when you started after server reset.

For example if you leave yourself half way through case 999 tonight then when you complete it tomorrow your next case will be a favour. Server reset is at midnight server time, so if for example you're in Australia you can get 6 favors in one of your days, but of course you won't get any at all during your morning the next day until server reset occurs.

Doing 20 cases in a row without a favor is quite possible; cases 1, 5, and 9 may be favors, then you've got 21 cases left (more if you use RTAs or do each other's cases) until you reach your daily limit.

Voy Seven
Voy Seven

I did try again in order to find out how it works. But I'm still convinced that it must be a bug.

I stored 5 RTA cases yesterday. Today I played 2 of them and one normal case, so now my 4th case of today should be a favor, but it is not.

I'll now play 2 more normal cases in order to see if the stored cases just didn't count... and then I will try to use somebody elses stored cases.

shades666
shades666

Voy Seven i think this is where you are going wrong you should do 2 RTA cases after doing a favor then a normal case and when a new day starts do normal cases first not RTA cases then you should not have this problem of having to do more than 4 cases to get your first favor of the day ( i hope this works for you )

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

Sorry to bring back this old thread but I have been experiencing the same problem for a while now. Does anyone know if Admin did a follow up on this? I've sent two smails to Ben but haven't received any reply. Not getting my favours when I should is very annoying when I'm on a TH. I've tried all the tricks mentionned above but it still doesn't work. Is anyone in Shades besides me having the same problems? Thanks for your input.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

It is a matter of your case count and server time (not your time)

For example at 2300 server time last night, my case count was 11 (not equally divisible by 4) then I dont do another case until after 2400 server time (server day reset) I do a case bringing my case count to 12 (divisible by 4) I have my favor. After I do favor case 13 next favor will not be offered until I am at case count 16.

Now if you do an RTA or other saved file to bring your case count to 16, then 1 of 2 things will happen Not all case givers will offer favors or no favors are being shown. If you want you can do your SM and then all case givers will offer favors.

Rule of thumb is very simple watch your case count, and only do a normal case (fresh from a case giver or SD ) the case (15) just before favors are offered, to insure your favors are offered in full.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Also Det. LeChat try this when you next favor should be offered. (ie last 2 divisible by4) Try doing only case giver cases between favors or if you are only getting parital favors offered or none when you should. Do a SM it should reset everything back to normal then follow the rule above and should have no more problems.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Now dont try to after doing all 3 favors for the day leaving yourself on a favorable case count (on divisible by 4 ) think that after server next day reset it will be some how be turned into a favor case. Most likely it wont. Yo will need to do 4 normall cses to get everything back on track.

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

Thanks for all your input TJ. I appreciate your time and effort in answering. These are all tricks that Mercey and Droid have explained to me and which I've tried but unfortunately they just don't work for me. The only way I can get favours on a regular basis is by not storing any of my cases. I guess I'll have to live with it until Admin can do something about it.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

You can store cases but it is a matter when you do those cases on your cases solved count.

Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

You're right TJ. I've been counting my cases and doing a normal case just before I hit a favour case. This way I can use my stored cases and still get my favours. I have been getting my favours on a regular basis for 3 days now. I must have been counting my cases wrong and not doing my normal case at the right time.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help