Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Cases between Favors

AnnieOakley
AnnieOakley

I have completed over 20 cases in a row without being offered a favor to do. Why is this?????

Replies
AnnieOakley
AnnieOakley

I should be given lots of favors in a row now - I was going to participate in a hunt, and can't because of whatever is going on. Not to mention missing out on standings etc.

Voy Seven
Voy Seven

I have the same problem.

Today I only received non-favor cases. And I have done quite a lot already. Normally I should have 3 normal, 1 favor, 3 normal, 1 favor, 3 normal, 1 favor and then as many normal (up to max. 18) as I like.

But no favor offered so far... I also wanted to participate in that hunt, btw.

I suspect it must be a bug.

Voy Seven
Voy Seven

Finally I got one!

Maybe it has to do with the subscription... maybe you really HAVE TO do 30 cases before the next batch of favors starts...

would be nice if Ben or another Admin could confirm this...

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

you can only get 3 favors per day (if subscribed) and 1 favor per day (if unsubscribed).

Voy Seven
Voy Seven

Yes I know.

I have not done any favors yet today.

I am subscribed and I did start this morning with solving cases.

Normally the 4th case should have been a favor, but it wasn't. And the 8th case still was not a favor. And the 12th also not.

So I suppose it's a bug which only concerns subscribers.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Then you should send a PM to either Secret_Squirrel or Sleuth Admin regarding this matter.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Annie and Voy, it looks like you both got (and completed) your full 3 favors both yesterday and today.

Let me know if that's not the case.

good luck on the hunts!

Voy Seven
Voy Seven

Yes, we got them after all.

But very very late!!! Normally the 4th, 8th and 12th case every day should be the favors, and not the 16th, 20th and 24th one.

However, at least in my case I found out why I had the bug: it was because I had stored some files in the agency.

When I do not store files, this problem does not appear.

I checked again yesterday, I had stored 4 RTA cases in the agency the day before, and yesterday I played them. After each solved case, I had a look for favors from my case givers.

And something very strange happened: after playing 3 of my stored cases, only the Morgue Assistant offered favors, while the other case givers had NO FAVORS, but just normal cases instead. So I played a favor I got from the Morgue, and then I checked out all case givers again. This time, the bishop offered favors, while all the others had normal cases. So I played one of these.

That means, yesterday I did two favors in a row without any cases inbetween, but the choice was very limited.

After that, I played the last stored case and also a few others, and then another favor occurred. But this time in the usual manner: all case givers offered nothing but favors.

I am sure this is a sort of bug, I will test it again and keep you informed. I will now store some cases in the agency and then play them tomorrow.

Droid
Droid

The way around this is to only do two RTAs after a favor, then do a proper case, then next favors come up no problem.

Voy Seven
Voy Seven

just tried. Doesn't work.

Stored 2 RTA yesterday.

Now played both plus another normal case.

So there should be a favor now, but there is NONE.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help