Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Showdown difficulty

Voy Seven
Voy Seven

Does anybody know how the showdown cases are made? Does the difficulty level depend on the experience or the number of participants? Or is it just random?

I was just so lucky to get a nice SH (although in the normal game, I haven't even unlocked VVH yet) and 3 skill points at once. Of course I would love to take this opportunity again...

Replies
Belami
Belami

i don't have an exact answer to your question but i can say that the more cases i did, the more i got offered harder levels. if you do a few cases a day, you'll get to really hard and beyond cases before you know it. i do have a lot of points but have been doing IH and SH cases for quite some time now. always do the hardest cases you are offered and try to become friends with as many faction leaders as possible so that you are offered the greatest variety of cases...

kivaas
kivaas

Will there be SHOWDOWNS with a difficulty other than VVH, IH and SH?

Mia May Not
Mia May Not

Not a reply - another similar question.

I don't qualify (<500 points - pointist discrimination suspected!), but the FAQs say I can watch the showdown.
What do I do - just go to the lobby?
Tried that, but no one was there, only when in play?

Really Red
Really Red

well Mia first of all its 5000 xp and not 500 xp (xp means experience points ).......
next question Showdown or SD lobby is a chatroom where sleuths usually gather before or after the SD to chat about the SD cases being played(or even to talk about anything else)........
you can get more information about Showdowns(SDs) under the "sleuth showdown faqs" in the lobby.

develin
develin

Hi Mia, SD's are evry hour on the hour, except for 12 midnight. These are server times btw. :)

Mia May Not
Mia May Not

Really appreciate your replies there replies, but c'mon there RR, never seen a typo before?
Did mention I'd read the FAQs and being an ex-journalist I'm a good researcher. It says in point 1 (after the 5000 points - OK!) "Sleuths who do not qualify to compete can watch a showdown from the Lobby and cheer on the competitors. "
How? Do I tick "Join the game even though I can't?
Spose I just jump in and see - next time Im around at game time - keep missing it

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Let's say, Mia, you wanna watch an athletic competition or something of the sort. Will you jump into the Arena? I doubt it. You're gonna stay on your sit, watch and maybe comment with some friends.
Now you can use the Showdown Lobby to watch the competition and chat with other players.
Suppose you try it.

Mia May Not
Mia May Not

B'jour M. Lu Peste

Ive tried that! First time I've been around when a game was starting. Sat in the Chat room. See nothing except a good luck message.
Perhaps it doesn't work with my browser?
Should I see something on flash? Flash is latest and running OK on ordinary games?

Mia May Not
Mia May Not

B'jour M. Lu Peste

Ive tried that! First time I've been around when a game was starting. Sat in the Chat room. See nothing except a good luck message.
Perhaps it doesn't work with my browser?
Should I see something on flash? Flash is latest and running OK on ordinary games?

Dr Wátson
Dr Wátson

Sounds like you got there after the SD started. SoM's clock is a minute fast so try to turn up 5 minutes before the SD is meant to start.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help