Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Showdown difficulty

Voy Seven
Voy Seven

Does anybody know how the showdown cases are made? Does the difficulty level depend on the experience or the number of participants? Or is it just random?

I was just so lucky to get a nice SH (although in the normal game, I haven't even unlocked VVH yet) and 3 skill points at once. Of course I would love to take this opportunity again...

Replies
Miya M
Miya M

I am kinda new, and dont really understand your question, but I hope this helps:

1) Who can compete in a Sleuth Showdown?
Any sleuth with at least 100 experience to take part in a Sleuth Showdown. Sleuths who do not qualify to compete can watch a showdown from the Lobby and cheer on the competitors

2) How many Sleuths can take part in a Showdown?
There is no upper limit to the number of Sleuths taking part in a Sleuth Showdown. There must be at least two participants or the Showdown will be cancelled.

3) How can I join a Showdown?
Goto the Sleuth Showdown Lobby in the Community section. If a showdown is scheduled, you will see a button that says "Take The Case!" If you click the button, you will be added to the list of Sleuths waiting to join Showdown.

Leaving the lobby before the showdown begins will remove you from the game. The countdown to the start is a good time to dish out a little Sleuth-Trash in the Chat room.

Participants must be in the Sleuth Showdown Lobby at the start of the Showdown or they will not be included in the game. Nobody is allowed to join the game late.

4) When do Showdowns take place?
Showdowns occur every hour, on the hour, except for midnight server time (US Mountain Time GMT-7). There is a 25 minute signup period before every Showdown. You must come to the lobby before the Showdown begins in order to participate.

Miya M
Miya M

5) How long does a Showdown last?
Showdowns have a 20 time limit. Anybody who has not completed the mystery at that time will be forced to quit and disqualified from the Showdown.

If all participants finish or drop out of the Showdown before the time limit is up, the Showdown will end at that time.

6) How are Showdowns scored?
First off, you must solve the case successfully in order to get any points in a Showdown. Assuming you solve the case, you get points for both real-time speed and game-time efficiency.

Real-Time Score You get 1 showdown point for every second remaining on the Showdown Timer when you solve the case.

Game-Time Score You get 10 showdown points for every hour of game time left until your Case Deadline when you solve the case.

7) Are there any prizes for showdown winners?
The winner of a given Showdown recieves a certain number of Challenge Points depending on the number of other players in the Showdown.

Total Number of Players (Including You) Challenge Points awarded to Winner
1 0
2-4 1
5-8 2
9+ 3

Miya M
Miya M

Showdowns have a 20 time limit. Anybody who has not completed the mystery at that time will be forced to quit and disqualified from the Showdown.

If all participants finish or drop out of the Showdown before the time limit is up, the Showdown will end at that time.

First off, you must solve the case successfully in order to get any points in a Showdown. Assuming you solve the case, you get points for both real-time speed and game-time efficiency.

Real-Time Score You get 1 showdown point for every second remaining on the Showdown Timer when you solve the case.

Game-Time Score You get 10 showdown points for every hour of game time left until your Case Deadline when you solve the case.

The winner of a given Showdown recieves a certain number of Challenge Points depending on the number of other players in the Showdown.

1 0
2-4 1
5-8 2
9+ 3

Miya M
Miya M

1 0
2-4 1
5-8 2
9+ 3

kivaas
kivaas

Well, I think that is not what Voy meant... copying the help is of course nice, Miya, but I'm sure she read it already.

Actually I would also like to know that with the showdowns... until now, I have seen only VVH, IH and SH cases there, and it appears that the showdowns are rather VVH when low experience players participate and rather SH when only high experience players participate.

But as I don't have good statistics with the few showdowns I've done, I cannot prove it.

If there is anybody who knows, please post it here!

Voy Seven
Voy Seven

As I see, still nobody has answered the question. As I did reach a rather high experience level by now, I would appreciate the chance to do harder cases every now and then. It will take ages to reach 1 million XP, and I'd like to do RH cases earlier...

Belami
Belami

i don't have an exact answer to your question but i can say that the more cases i did, the more i got offered harder levels. if you do a few cases a day, you'll get to really hard and beyond cases before you know it. i do have a lot of points but have been doing IH and SH cases for quite some time now. always do the hardest cases you are offered and try to become friends with as many faction leaders as possible so that you are offered the greatest variety of cases...

kivaas
kivaas

Will there be SHOWDOWNS with a difficulty other than VVH, IH and SH?

Mia May Not
Mia May Not

Not a reply - another similar question.

I don't qualify (<500 points - pointist discrimination suspected!), but the FAQs say I can watch the showdown.
What do I do - just go to the lobby?
Tried that, but no one was there, only when in play?

Really Red
Really Red

well Mia first of all its 5000 xp and not 500 xp (xp means experience points ).......
next question Showdown or SD lobby is a chatroom where sleuths usually gather before or after the SD to chat about the SD cases being played(or even to talk about anything else)........
you can get more information about Showdowns(SDs) under the "sleuth showdown faqs" in the lobby.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help