Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

coat durabilities

kivaas
kivaas

I would like to know how many uses you have per coat.

How often can you use a "flimsy", an "average", a "tough" one etc.?

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

yup kivaas, but that's just my assumption based on the lab coats I used.

Would you like me to get a new lab coat and test it out for you?

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Or you can buy one and test it yourself... it'll take the same number of days, since both of you play 4 cases /day.

I've been wearing my herringbone for more than 60 cases now, and it changed its condition from `perfect` to `excellent`.
I have no idea for how many cases I will be able to use it, but it seems pretty clear that there will be more than 120.

(nb: herringbone has the same durability as the lab coat - average)

Jacobus
Jacobus

Oh i'm sure Joseph is playing many more than 4 cases a day ;)

lovesick
lovesick

No, Joseph is not subscribed at the present time.

Jacobus
Jacobus

Okey dokey....i still stand by what i say ;)
You are a detective...'figure it out' as they say

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Well actually Joseph can play many more than 4 cases /day, only with different detectives (which actually means detective Joseph Chen - 4 cases, detective John - 4 cases, detective Milton - 4 cases and so on), it's really no one's bussines...

but if he wants to test the coat for kivaas, that would mean to transfer it from one detective to another... in an agency...

Is Joseph trying to say to us that he is also playing the other detectives in his agency?

Well, that's interesting... but no one asked him about it. It was all about them coats and since Joseph is playing so many cases, we have reasons to believe he already knows the answer.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

ohh maybe i should make it clear that i've used 18 challenge points since it was introduced and did a lot of cases while using the lab coat and the coat doesn't seem to last long, but don't worry, I'll get a lab coat right now and test it for you to see, kivaas.

@Lu:
If you look at my experience, you'll noticed that I'm unable to play more than 1 detective for a long period of time, or else, I would have dominate the top 30 lists with all my detectives. For those who know me quite long that based on the number of days I've played this game, there's is a time which I got 13 months gift subscription from a nice friend and there's also a time where I got bored with no new things added in the game that I quit for a moment, but no matter what, I can tell you, I truly can't play more than 1 detective for a long period of time, hence that's why I've been making such a big gap of xp.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Well Joseph, what I said regarding you playing more than 1 detective was in response to Jacobus, who suggested that you are able to play much more than 4 cases/day, and therefore to test the coat for kivaas in less days than she would test the coat herself.

But if you're not playing several detectives, and you still think that you can find out what's the durability of the lab coat quicker than kivaas can, it means that you can play more than 4 cases with your unsubscribed detective.

Either that... somehow you are playing more than 4 cases /day, either your offer to test the coat makes no sense.

Sorry... again, it's not about how many detectives you're playing.
I'm just trying to understand the logic of your offer.

Kivaas is supposed to wait until your coat degrades? Please!

If you honestly think it is a useful coat (you said you used several of them) why don't you advise her to simply buy one and see for herself?? That's what I don't understand. What and why is she supposed to wait?

Maybe I should test a lab coat for her myself... wouldn't that be nice... just to be sure... two oppinions are always better than one. Yeah! What a great idea this is! Let's all test a lab coat for kivaas!

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Lu Peste:

I think your thinking is way too much onto one side. For your info, I can play more than 4 cases a day is not only because I can make use of other detectives in my agency to help test it out for me, but I won't do it this way, because the other male detective in my agency lives in England and hence that would slow down the testing while I need my coat and he couldn't make use of it if I'm wearing it.

Have you ever thought that my agency members can store cases that they didn't have time to do and let me have them as a bonus xp when I solve those cases?

Have you ever thought that I could even store my daily cases for today and do it tomorrow, whereby I can do 8 cases instead of 4 (before server reset)?

I guess you're just ignorant and think about things way too much over one side. Well, from now on, I'll choose to ignore whatever you said on the community board and please, do not make "pest" detectives and kept on sending chat message to me on screen, that really disturb me from doing cases.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

No, actually I didn't know that an unsubscribed player can play more than 4 cases /day just because he is in an agency and he can store cases.

This is a very useful information, thank you for sharing. It means that I can store some cases myself and play 34 cases/ day if I want, am I right? But 34 every day? Or 26 today and 34 tomorrow? We'll find out soon enough.

Why do you mind explaining it?

As far as I remember, you don't mind to copy /paste the help files on the boards for ignorant people like me.

Oh! And don't worry! I don't use the game chat. If you ever get messages, they are from other people. Ignore them. Go ahead and ignore me too, if you don't like me.

And what was that nonsense about your fellow male detective living in England? Is there at the login page a question about where you live and you must know the right answer?

If you want to use your fellow detectives (I doubt genre has any importance at all when it comes to lab coats, since I didn't have to choose between a man coat and a woman coat when I bought mine), do this:

login as detective Joseph Chen, put on the coat and solve as many cases as you can - then take of the coat and put it in the agency locker - logout

login as cerene (!!! very interesting unsubscribed detective, 11 days old, member in an agency - probably enjoyed a 10 days subscribtion I don't know about, but I'm only an ignorant), put on the coat, solve as many cases as you can - then take of the coat and put it in the locker - logout

login as... whoever is next

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help