Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

coat durabilities

kivaas
kivaas

I would like to know how many uses you have per coat.

How often can you use a "flimsy", an "average", a "tough" one etc.?

Replies
kivaas
kivaas

And I also would like to know: if you used up a coat, e.g. the pawn broker's trench, are you allowed to buy another one of the same kind then? Or will it no longer be for sale?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

if i'm not wrong, coats last around 120 cases. if you want, i could test it out and let you know the exact figure.

you can always buy another one when the one you're wearing wears off.

kivaas
kivaas

These 120 cases would be for the best type of coat, I suppose?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

yup kivaas, but that's just my assumption based on the lab coats I used.

Would you like me to get a new lab coat and test it out for you?

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Or you can buy one and test it yourself... it'll take the same number of days, since both of you play 4 cases /day.

I've been wearing my herringbone for more than 60 cases now, and it changed its condition from `perfect` to `excellent`.
I have no idea for how many cases I will be able to use it, but it seems pretty clear that there will be more than 120.

(nb: herringbone has the same durability as the lab coat - average)

Jacobus
Jacobus

Oh i'm sure Joseph is playing many more than 4 cases a day ;)

lovesick
lovesick

No, Joseph is not subscribed at the present time.

Jacobus
Jacobus

Okey dokey....i still stand by what i say ;)
You are a detective...'figure it out' as they say

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

Well actually Joseph can play many more than 4 cases /day, only with different detectives (which actually means detective Joseph Chen - 4 cases, detective John - 4 cases, detective Milton - 4 cases and so on), it's really no one's bussines...

but if he wants to test the coat for kivaas, that would mean to transfer it from one detective to another... in an agency...

Is Joseph trying to say to us that he is also playing the other detectives in his agency?

Well, that's interesting... but no one asked him about it. It was all about them coats and since Joseph is playing so many cases, we have reasons to believe he already knows the answer.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

ohh maybe i should make it clear that i've used 18 challenge points since it was introduced and did a lot of cases while using the lab coat and the coat doesn't seem to last long, but don't worry, I'll get a lab coat right now and test it for you to see, kivaas.

@Lu:
If you look at my experience, you'll noticed that I'm unable to play more than 1 detective for a long period of time, or else, I would have dominate the top 30 lists with all my detectives. For those who know me quite long that based on the number of days I've played this game, there's is a time which I got 13 months gift subscription from a nice friend and there's also a time where I got bored with no new things added in the game that I quit for a moment, but no matter what, I can tell you, I truly can't play more than 1 detective for a long period of time, hence that's why I've been making such a big gap of xp.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help