Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Showdown @ 02:00 server time June 7 (tomorrow)

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like I said ^ SHOWDOWN run by me, @ 02:00 server time.

Hopefully I have gotten the time right for the European people. (For me in Australia that's 6pm.)

Not sure if Challenge points will be fixed by then, but the prizes remain as previously mentioned.

Coat for 7+ players
Hat for -7 players
other prizes for all participants.

In coming weeks look for different items to be used as prizes :)

Replies
kivaas
kivaas

Actually Lu was right, I got the next favor again after I had solved 3 more cases after the showdown.
However, what does actually work is replace normal cases by showdowns - I can go for showdown, showdown, favor, showdown every day, and that works. Just I may not switch the order.

kivaas
kivaas

@ Joseph: my missed deadlines are quite old, so nothing to do with the new cases...

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

I am pretty sure the algorithm for generating favor cases goes like this:

Is the NUMBER OF CASES SOLVED by detective X (say, kivaas) a MULTIPLE OF 4 (number of cases, divided by 4, will give a rest 0)?

if NO, then generate a NON FAVOR case
if YES, then

HAS the detective X already TAKEN 3 FAVORS for the current day?

if YES, then generate a NON FAVOR case
if NO, then GENERATE A FAVOR CASE!!!! hip hip!!

I don't know if this helps anyone out there, but to me seems quite easy to keep track of the cases you have to solve next by simply checking your profile.

How simple is it?!
Everyone knows that no matter how many digits a number has, you only have to check the number consisting in its last two digits to find out if it is divisible with 4.

E.g.
If you already solved 1723 cases, you won't get a favor right now, since 23 is not divisible with 4. You have to solve one more case, to get to 1724 (24 = 4x6).

On the other hand, if you solved 872 cases and you have not taken yet all your favors for the day, you should get one now, since 72 = 4x18.

All we have to remember is how many favors we already have already taken for the day (but hopefully we won't forget that).

@ kivaas: you only have one favor /day... try not to do a showdown when your profile indicates it's time for favor case. You will never be mistaken and miss your favor if you pay attention at your profile.

kivaas
kivaas

Hey Lu, what you mean is called "modulo" in mathematics...; if the division by 4 leaves no rest, it is called "the number is congruent to zero modulo four"...

But there is a little change: When you do not solve a case (e.g. miss the deadline), then actually the favor IS postponed.

I know this because it happened to me earlier. By that time, my 2nd case would always have been the favor case; but once I missed the deadline in the first one. So I did not solve the case. Then the 2nd case on that day was - of course - not a favor, but just a normal one. And since then, my favor case is always the day's third case.

So the congruence of 0 mod 4 might only apply to solved cases, while unsolved cases don't count.

To verify, I should once try to take a showdown as 3rd case, but not solve it (e.g. quit or miss the deadline on purpose) - then I suppose the next case which is offered to me should be still a favor. If that works out, it would still be a way to do favors only for the person you want. Just too many quit/missed deadline cases don't look so nice in the profile...

kivaas
kivaas

ah, and btw: my last favor case was my 409th favor case, which is congruent to 1 mod 4...

kivaas
kivaas

ah, and btw: my last favor case was my 409th case, which is congruent to 1 mod 4...

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

of course the favor is congruent to 1modulo 4, as long as it comes into the formula:

4n+1

(4n - cases solved before the favor, 1- the favor itself)

It is the case which comes next after a case congruent to 0 modulo 4.

What I tryed to explain was what you see on your profile before solving the favor, so you will be warned that a favor case is coming.
Your favor came just after case 408, which is congruent to 0 modulo 4.
I wanted to point out a way for everyone to know when to expect a favor. That's why I was talking about what the profile indicates before solving the favor case.

I wouldn't advise you to quit any cases or miss any deadlines in order to reset your favor

how is this going to work?

case 410 solved
case 411 solved
case 412 solved
showdown quit
favor

????

I bet you'll find the same favors as before

But you can do a special mission for a faction boss instead, in order to reset your favor. Of course, it doesn't offer any guarantees that you will get the one you want, but if those you already have aren't satisfactory, after doing the special mission you are going to be offered different ones.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

of course the favor is congruent to 1modulo 4, as long as it comes into the formula:

4n+1

(4n - cases solved before the favor, 1- the favor itself)

It is the case which comes next after a case congruent to 0 modulo 4.

What I tryed to explain was what you see on your profile before solving the favor, so you will be warned that a favor case is coming.
Your favor came just after case 408, which is congruent to 0 modulo 4.
I wanted to point out a way for everyone to know when to expect a favor. That's why I was talking about what the profile indicates before solving the favor case.

I wouldn't advise you to quit any cases or miss any deadlines in order to reset your favor

how is this going to work?

case 410 solved
case 411 solved
case 412 solved
showdown quit
favor

????

I bet you'll find the same favors as before

But you can do a special mission for a faction boss instead, in order to reset your favor. Of course, it doesn't offer any guarantees that you will get the one you want, but if those you already have aren't satisfactory, after doing the special mission you are going to be offered different ones.

lovesick
lovesick

Hey SS! Are there going to be more admin-run SD's anytime soon?

ms.stewart
ms.stewart

wat iz dat

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help