Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Showdown @ 02:00 server time June 7 (tomorrow)

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Like I said ^ SHOWDOWN run by me, @ 02:00 server time.

Hopefully I have gotten the time right for the European people. (For me in Australia that's 6pm.)

Not sure if Challenge points will be fixed by then, but the prizes remain as previously mentioned.

Coat for 7+ players
Hat for -7 players
other prizes for all participants.

In coming weeks look for different items to be used as prizes :)

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

But that also applies to normal cases, as I see your page:

Case History
Cases Quit: 0
Cases Solved: 402
False Accusations: 0
Deadlines Missed: 3 < Maybe this is the cause?
Scripted Mysteries: 0

Mrs. Jada
Mrs. Jada

When you play showdowns, the favours don't occur after 3 cases! I suppose showdowns are not counted as 'normal' cases....

Mrs. Jada
Mrs. Jada

@ Secret Squirrel: please read my smail, as there's a bug in SD of 06:00 today!

caty974
caty974

i will b there.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

@ kivaas: there's no bug.

that's how the system works:
(3 normal cases + 1 favor) + (3 normal cases + 1 favor) + ....

but only 1 favor/day for unsubscribers and only 3 favors /day for subscribed players.

you will notice that you always get your favor case after solving a number of cases multiple of 4 (favor already solved + 3 normal cases) multiplied with n.
E. g. you get favor case when your profile indicates that you have already solved 100 cases, 104, 108, 112 (should I go on?)
if you choose that instead of your favor to do a showdown and you solve the case, your profile is going to indicate now 101, 105, 109 or 113. it is not time for a favor case. you must wait, I mean do 3 more normal cases until you get another favor case.
This is a very useful thing for subscribed players, who can do a showdown when they don't particularly like the favors they have to choose from, in the hope they will be offered better ones next time (and they can do this several times and still do all their 3 daily favors), but for the unsubscribed players I think it would be better to do their favor case, because they really have only 1 chance /day to reach a multiple of 4 .

lovesick
lovesick

I found out kivaas's problem. But like a smart person I solved it *no offense*

What kivaas is saying she did was have a favor after 3 cases like normal

case
case
case
favor

then she didn't like her favor so she did a showdown in an attempt to reroll the favor, thinking she should have new favors after the showdown.
this is what she wanted:

case
case
case
favor
showdown
*favor*

but this is how it works:

case
case
case
favor
showdown
case
case
case
favor

you have to do three more cases after the showdown to get your new favor.
and no, the showdown doesn't eat your favor--because I've already done 2 favors today, and rerolled my third with this method. so if you don't like your favor and decide to do a showdown--be prepared to do 3 more cases.

Detectivu Lu Peste
Detectivu Lu Peste

hahaha!

you did find out, didnt' you? very smart indeed!

I suppose you wanted to say it works this way:

case
case
case
favor/showdown
case
case
case
favor

otherwise I'd have to understand you've got trouble with counting cases.

Anyway I don't see anything new in your post from what I said. Except maybe that you put it on a test and reseting favors works great for subscribers.

Zunia
Zunia

I guess kivaas knew very well what she did, what she didn't understand was why she didn't get what she wanted.

I am sorry that I have to bring numbers so much into this conversation, but the game is computer generated and I bet it has an algorithm which has a lot to do with numbers.

If you like, you can try it this way:

showdown
showdown
showdown
showdown
favor
showdown
showdown
case
showdown

and with all the variations imaginable... the idea is that the program always generates a favor for

case number 4n+1,

until the 3rd favor of the day is taken.
Then it stops generating favors, and starts again the next day, 00:00 server time.

When a favor is generated, you can either take it or do a showdown instead - your choice... next favor:

case 4(n+1)+1

(which means after doing the favor/showdown and 3 more cases/SDs).

kivaas
kivaas

Actually Lu was right, I got the next favor again after I had solved 3 more cases after the showdown.
However, what does actually work is replace normal cases by showdowns - I can go for showdown, showdown, favor, showdown every day, and that works. Just I may not switch the order.

kivaas
kivaas

@ Joseph: my missed deadlines are quite old, so nothing to do with the new cases...

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help